Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is maxi san ok for scald ?  (Read 2220 times)

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: Is maxi san ok for scald ?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 08:18:47 pm »
Vet only, it’s an antibiotic spray which is blue in colour. The purple hoof sprays from country stores are antibacterial and not so effective in my experience. For sheep keepers a can of blue spray is pretty much essential and lasts ages. You should register with a large animal vet now you’ve got sheep if you’ve not already.

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 08:56:32 pm »
I always get mine from BATA and find it effective, but the vet is probably closer. Vermuyden vets in Goole are a large animal practice if you haven't already got one. 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 09:00:00 pm by landroverroy »
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

vfr400boy

• Joined Jan 2013
  • one life live it
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 08:22:03 pm »
Got some amoxicillin spray from vets to day he did not want to give me it at first wanted to see the sheep etc n charge me for the privilege but I talked him around,  only £7

twizzel

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 09:36:13 pm »
Got some amoxicillin spray from vets to day he did not want to give me it at first wanted to see the sheep etc n charge me for the privilege but I talked him around,  only £7

That’s standard practice, they are not meant to prescribe without seeing the sheep at least on an annual (some are 6 months) basis.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS