Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wormer with no tube attachment?!  (Read 964 times)

tommytink

• Joined Aug 2018
Wormer with no tube attachment?!
« on: June 30, 2020, 09:23:33 am »
I bought a drench wormer and when I opened it up there was no attachment for a tube. Everything else I’ve bought had an adapter. What do you do with these? Are you meant to use a syringe instead? Seems weird. Didn’t realise at the time of buying it as I assumed stupidly that it was under the sealed cap...

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
Re: Wormer with no tube attachment?!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 10:46:59 am »
Picture or name of the product , most have a cap to fit a tube inside the box either loose or in a sealed bag along with strap to hang the container by . Some have a tube connector under a flip up top inside the cap
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 10:48:50 am by shep53 »

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 11:04:21 am »
After reading your other posts ,have you bought 1lt of oramec ? if so looks like you need to pour the white wormer you have into a container ,wash out the back pack and use that then do reverse

bj_cardiff

• Joined Feb 2017
  • Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 12:22:39 pm »
I've brought one without a cap before, I think it got lost in the shop, so keep all the caps you have now in case it happens again - I have quite a supply  :roflanim:

tommytink

• Joined Aug 2018
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 01:37:28 pm »
It was the Oramec. It didn’t come in a box so no adapter there, and it didn’t have it around the neck. Looking online it refers to using a gun but who knows how! It didn’t even have holes in the plastic at the bottom where you’d normally thread through something so you can sling it over your shoulder.
Tried the white wormer lid but the threads were different so wouldn’t screw on tight. Also tried the (unused) Crovect cap which was too big. Employed the other half’s help and he found a cap that had the same thread (part of some thing he uses as a heating engineer) so managed to get that on with a load of ptfe tape. It was a palaver to say the least.
When the white wormer runs out I’ll definitely be keeping the bottle!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS