Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 17716 times)

HappyHippy

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2010, 10:13:09 am »
I'm having a lazy day today  ;D The in-laws have been here all week and grandma just loves being left with the 2 little ones when the 2 big ones are at school so it's given us the chance to get on  ;)
This week we've done about 100m of fencing (still got the stock fence to attach because the torrential rain stopped play) all with strainer posts and gates. Cleared more of my dad's massive shed (it's got to be 1000m2 at least!)  - full of 20 years of collecting junk, just incase we 'need' more space - but as soon as I've a space I tend to fill it  ;) So I'm banned from any sales until after xmas  :-[
Gotten half the floor ripped up and relayed in what's going to be our new kitchen, made a doorway and fitted a door into new kitchen (with a big lock to keep the little uns out)
Started Christmas shopping (on-line)
Made a lovely BIG shoe rack to hold all hubby's shoes with 1 or 2 spaces for mine and the kids  ???
But I've still got a to-do list as long as my arm ! Better get back to it lol!

Let us know what you got Cobra  ;D

cameldairy

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Cairo, GA U.S.A.
  • South Georgia, U.S.A.
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2010, 08:56:09 pm »
Went to the nursery and bought more lemon and orange trees to plant, (They also gave me a BIG bag of lemons cause they have so much)  Came home and grilled some thick pork chops I had marinated over night, it was so tender and juicy! Now I'll go out and check on a very pregnant camel then start planting the citrus trees before I feed the animals. :wave:
1 wonderful husband, his 200 beehives,13 chickens, 8 camels, 4 zebra, 21goats,  2 pigs, 4 dogs, 1 horse, 2 ponies, 1 donkey and 1 capybara.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2010, 09:27:59 pm »
Got a lie in after a long week. Up at 8:30 when mum came back in from milking the goats. Went straight out and fed the pigs and chickens. Filled the chicken hoppers, did a little clearing in the veg patch, and then let the pigs into it. Went out to get to the hairdressers for 10:15, had hair cut, looked at the farmers market but didn't buy much. On to the supermarket got a few things then to work for 5 hours. :( Home again, got the visiting goat mated, cooked tea, did the goats, shut in all the poultry.

On the sofa watching tv now! But uploading videos to youtube as well.

Beth

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2010, 09:36:23 pm »
raced like to mad to harvest and process apples, carrots, parsnips, pumpkins, Jerusalem artichokes elderberries as I won't have time for the next 5 days. So we had apple cake, root soup and fresh flatbreads. :&>

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2010, 10:30:19 pm »
Got a lie in after a long week. Up at 8:30 when mum came back in from milking the goats. Went straight out and fed the pigs and chickens. Filled the chicken hoppers, did a little clearing in the veg patch, and then let the pigs into it. Went out to get to the hairdressers for 10:15, had hair cut, looked at the farmers market but didn't buy much. On to the supermarket got a few things then to work for 5 hours. :( Home again, got the visiting goat mated, cooked tea, did the goats, shut in all the poultry.

On the sofa watching tv now! But uploading videos to youtube as well.

Beth
And Ally was doing what?????? ::) ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2010, 10:44:11 pm »
Fed all animals and milked the goat, went to find ::)  and round up the  geese and killed 13 ,killed the up to weight turkeys. Made some jam and oven dried a huggin of parsley. Moved more ducks down to free range on the burn and put the young turkeys in the now free duck run. After various upgrades and shufflings of chooks cleaned all poultry huts out. Then it was time to try and get all the poultry in their new abodes for the night!  :wave:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 10:53:27 pm by Hermit »

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2010, 11:29:44 pm »
Fantastic day, birthday treats today spent the morning at the auction with me mate and my daughter ad brought home eight pigs to their new home. Dosnt get any better than that does it.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2010, 09:43:04 am »
And Ally was doing what?????? ::) ;D ;D ;D

He's gone down to his parents this weekend. But he's not very good at always helping outside anyway- especially if it means gardening!

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS