Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 17678 times)

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 03:51:04 pm »
we been log collecting today, well all week end really, getting it all ready for cracking up the fire, should have all the logs home by the end of next week end. made some home made soup also, and all the usual, dog things, horse things and hen things, oh and house things

smallholder in the city

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Lincolnshire
    • HootersHall
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 04:40:45 pm »
Cleared the sweetcorn and pumpkin patch ready for my native plant flower bed and found another pumpkin hidden in the gap behind the greenhouse. Planted some Fritillary bulbs, staked the purple sprouting broccoli again! (it keeps pushing the stakes over), removed all the fox poo. The husband bought himself a chainsaw chopped a load of logs and now appears to be making a massive vat of stock.   

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 06:25:58 pm »
Mucked out 26 of 28 racehorses,went home,checked on my animals,went to pick up little Max the westie so he can stay with me while his mums on holiday,took him home settled him in,went back to work and mucked out the racehorses again

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 07:22:51 pm »
Woke up in the middle of a forest at 06:30, stinking of woodsmoke, and prayed for a lie-in. Phoned work, "Yes, please come in, things aren't going too well here".

Drove across the misty valley as the sun rose. Beautiful.

True, things not too good at work. 19:20 now, and I'm still here. Hopefully I've got it fixed now, because if I can't get the machine to run this time, it's going to be a very long night. Phoned home - my dinner is already in the dog apparently, so I needn't stress  ::)
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 07:24:28 pm »
passed my CBT, so no independently mobile   ;D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 07:36:31 pm »
well done Cameron
... are the streets no longer safe?!   ;)
Little Blue

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 08:21:01 pm »
Apart from the routine stuff, brushed down, swept out and vacuumed (truly) the byre in preparation for the calves coming. Dan boarded up the gap into the feed store and cut of the neck chains; wormed Niamh and Nova; trimmed Leo and Dickie's feet; made bacon sandwiches for lunch; took Bugsy out on longreins (little star :horse:) ; looked at the sunken garden and wondered what the hell we're going to do with it; looked at the vegetable garden and wondered what the hell we're going to do with it; looked at the fruit garden ....

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 08:46:32 pm »
looked at the sunken garden and wondered what the hell we're going to do with it; looked at the vegetable garden and wondered what the hell we're going to do with it; looked at the fruit garden ....
Make teh sunken garden a vegetable garden, make the vegetable garden a fruit garden, make the fruit garden ...........  another fruit garden  ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 09:01:01 pm »
Made Steve breakfast in our new bed but he got out as he dare not drip his beans on the new bedding ;) Went off to the car boot and bought a few bits and some more Christmas decorations, then cleaned ou t some shitty straw (whops...is that word allowed?) then off to t he tip, then off for a walk, then BIG T and FIre and Telly and had to make up a bed for someone returning tonight instead of tomorrow and we thought we would be alone for once  ;) ;)

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 09:12:45 pm »
well done Cameron
... are the streets no longer safe?!   

I'm sure you will be safe  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 09:14:57 pm »
passed my CBT, so no independently mobile   ;D
Please excuse my ignorance but what does CBT stand for? T - I guess that is for Test?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 11:19:26 pm »
duck poo delt with here as well today, Sandy :&> :&> :&> :&>
took OH's car away to be fixed, made a pot of steamed apple (lot of peeling  :P) and supervised my eldest cooking our dinner, sweet and sour pork :yum:, watched the x-factor (I'll miss the Divas) and now it's bedtime, hoping I'll have a better night than last (part spent on the sofa) :wave: :wave: :&>

cameldairy

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Cairo, GA U.S.A.
  • South Georgia, U.S.A.
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 08:20:52 pm »
So far this day has proven to be very unproductive. I did manage to grill some rib eye steaks for the hubby and myself but I've yet to clean the kitchen :P I think I'll go swimming instead ;D
1 wonderful husband, his 200 beehives,13 chickens, 8 camels, 4 zebra, 21goats,  2 pigs, 4 dogs, 1 horse, 2 ponies, 1 donkey and 1 capybara.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 09:26:40 pm »
Emptied the chemical toilet, picked poo in the pony field, cleaned the cat's litter tray, cleaned out the hens (see a pattern here?), went to the local leisure centre for a wonderful shower then put all my dirty clothes in the washing machine. Changed the bed - washed, dried and back on. It's been a lovely day here.

Then researched cows  ;) :cow: ready for Thursday.

Sandy

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 10:47:24 am »
Us lot deal with a lot of *it!! by the looks of it, I took some bags of used chicken bedding to tip only to think how much that smell stays with you, then I saw some all down my leg!!!!! I am off to do the yard now, good old ben has his male we wee and it runs down from where he choses for his latrine right past the back door in a lovely little river, Bless. Today I may just nip out to see what charity shops have to offer !!!!!! my idea of a good trip out lately! (must change my pooooey trousers first!)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS