Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 17675 times)

Fergie

• Joined Oct 2009
Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 05:28:54 pm »
passed my CBT, so no independently mobile   ;D
Please excuse my ignorance but what does CBT stand for? T - I guess that is for Test?

Compulsory Basic Training - it's the first part of a provisional motorcycle licence, that allows a learner motorcyclist to go out on his/her own, with L plates.

Congratulations Cameron.

John

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 05:54:02 pm »
Spent the morning and early afternoon tussling with moochmarketing paperwork; so cold in the caravan, I took Smokey for a longrein to warm up. It's been a beautiful day, but bitterly cold. Worked out the paperwork now so will crack on with it after dinner.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 08:47:19 pm »

Made my christmas cake, looks like it should be ready about 10.30.
Anne

WinslowPorker

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2010, 08:57:58 pm »
Made Crab apple jelly, apple & sloe jelly, Indian chutney and cleared out Morrisons of fruit for 100 jars of mincemeat!! guess what i am making this week.......... all answers on a postcode! oh and quince jelly, rosehip jelly and lime marmalade as well!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2010, 09:13:42 pm »
after the usual in the morning we went to the pictures -  to see an absolutely crazy animation from Belgium with subtitles - but so worth seeing, all the audience were rolling on the floor laughing, it's called "A town called panic" ;D ;D ;D :&> then made potato salad, of course from our own tatties and onions  and the last cucumber :'( :yum: then had a go at puff pastry, still waiting for the outcome ;D :&>

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2010, 08:04:37 am »
Spent the morning and early afternoon tussling with moochmarketing paperwork; so cold in the caravan, I took Smokey for a longrein to warm up. It's been a beautiful day, but bitterly cold. Worked out the paperwork now so will crack on with it after dinner.

Didn't do the paperwork - read my Jilly Cooper novel instead  ;D Broke the ice on the water buckets this morning - it's sooooo cold. Bertie Kitten slept under the duvet lst night. I think he's decided semi-feral is OK in summer - house cat mode in winter  :cat:

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 10:18:42 pm »
Had a lie-in
Made grape juice from mother-in-law's gift of grapes from her vine
Made a loaf of bread
Prepared raised bed for onions
Ordered onions and garlic for autumn planting
Ordered now big soft warm dressing gown and decent slippers for winter
Went for a run
Popped into town to give ID details to bank for new account
Did supper
Groomed dog
Had bath
Washed guest room sheets and hung them out to dry

But - I have today - spent most of the time sitting about watching TV - Snowdonia 1890 and the Apprentice
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2010, 08:14:24 pm »
We got our calves!!!! They're lovely and quite calm although I can hear them bellowing now. They've had a long day - loaded at 3pm yesterday, we picked them up at 9.30ish this morning and brought them home. They loaded and unloaded like a dream. They've had something to eat and a drink and a poo and a chat, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2010, 08:34:37 pm »
oh bless congratualations, please will you post some pics.
today i sorted horses, walked dogs, cleaned hens out, split some logs, pooh picked for dogs and horses, all in the rain it has rained alday here!!!!!!!! i now have 3 coats and waterproof trousers hanging everywhere drying out ready for tomorrow

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2010, 08:37:29 pm »
moved what felt like about a thousand sheep.  planted couple of hundred onion sets, started an asparagus bed, made spicy beetroot and coconut soup, fed all the animals and 'spent' all my tesco vouchers before they change 4:1 to 3:1 - now exhasuted and if i can find my specs i plan to settle down with my gardeners world mag and a glas of vino!

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2010, 09:12:20 pm »
Did even less today. Last day of holiday and feeling very relaxed.

Went and had lunch at my favourite cafe (OH hates it so I spent a luxurious half hour on my own reading a glossy gardening mag).

Spent a frustrating hour and a half trying to get our printer to network to both our computers. Turns out it was just a button press on the printer side. OH discovered it quite by accident and now can't remember what button he pressed :-)) but at least it's done.

Cut down an old past-it japonica that was here when we arrived. Ditto gone-over Hebe bush.

Pulled up all the old tomato plants out of the polytunnel and all the old stuff in pots dotted around the place.

Ahhh - finished ironing and cooked supper. Poor OH is not well. He's got this week what I had last week so he has my every sympathy!!!!
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Sandy

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2010, 10:10:56 pm »
I actualy bought an expensive housey mag as we need to decorate and I want ideas...otherwise, cleaning, shopping, walking and more cleaning NOW..........................CHILLING ::) ::) ::) ::)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2010, 10:16:38 pm »
Just work :-( but at least we are only £400M out now instead of £1.8bn. My mum had a bad though- we have 2 goats visiting, they arrived on Tuesday to stay and get mated by the billy. This morning the littler one was scouring, and she died by lunchtime. It awful when any animal dies, but this wasn't even ours! Horrible!

Beth

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2010, 09:38:59 am »
Off to market today  ;D hopefully coming back with our first animals,

Aviva advert
 (Weiners on the agenda today (Oink Oink) No! pigs arnt avalible on those comparason websites: Now where can a chap get a decent bacon sandwich round here  :D :D

Wish me luck  :wave:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2010, 10:04:57 am »
Baby ducks, chickens, ducks all fed and let  out, old Hester the same, cat has gone out too. Off to take dogs out via shops for dog food. Will be walking dogs in rain today, then taking wee one out on his own for training.  Went to my trainer on Thursday so need to keep up the momentum this time. Let the older one off with too much and he runs riot on the shoot now unless kept on a long line. See you in 4 hours  ;) ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS