Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Can I Site A Static On My Land If Im Not Living In It...?  (Read 9071 times)

Goatherd

• Joined Dec 2014
Re: Can I Site A Static On My Land If Im Not Living In It...?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2018, 12:06:32 pm »
  I agree with backinwellies    I thought travelers just did it land mobile home animals fight council

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2018, 12:32:44 pm »
So you have 3 acres and planning for 5 stables (now 5 years on so planning may be lapsed? )  ….  5 stables seems rather a lot for 3 acres?    Alter planning to 1 or 2 stables and a large tack room?

We all want to do loads of stuff which would stretch laws and involve fighting authorities   and get cross over what others seem to get away with …..  but frankly is it worth your health?     

Enjoy your land ….. if a tea 'shed' is necessary what about a large van complete with gas stove (ours is very comfortable and can be parked up anywhere …. no it is not a camper van  .. just a VW van. )

too much  :rant:  :gloomy:  :rant:  is just not worth it
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2018, 02:58:59 pm »
Or, if your planning is still valid, and you can't afford to build it all, then just make a start, build a small amount of it and make it watertight, and use that for now. That will also preserve your planning permission until such time as you can afford the rest.
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

craiglang

• Joined Jul 2018
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2018, 09:21:04 pm »
5 years on I actually have laid the slab and built the internal walls of the full stable block.  I was with a girlfriend who owned 4 horses and I owned one horse. I purchased the land of 6 acres and I also sold half the land so that answers your question how it sounds a lot of stables for 3 acres as it was 6 acres, but now 3, but I should knock them down to be happy....? That devalues the land and what i have already built.

I might as well go get an allotment and be happy then because I cannot have what I want and many people have started small farms on less land, than I have, so why am I not allowed to do this....? Yes I forgot I should knock the thing down now and go back to 1 or 2 stables.

Im not going to let a council official tell me that I cannot do something when many people before and around me have done exactly the same and more with a lot less land. So if you cannot help do not speak to me on the thread. You go enjoy you little piece and Ill go sort my S--T out...!

Well I am going to start a business from there and the only reason the stables are not built is because I started another when I was half way through them. I am actually sat here working out the timber I need to build them.

So you do not need to answer any more or give any more of your excellent advice. A Sheep thats what I should be get what I'm given and like it and you may be happy in your camper van good for you I'm happy for you, but that is not what I want, so am I not aloud what I want....?

craiglang

• Joined Jul 2018
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2018, 09:26:43 pm »
  I agree with backinwellies    I thought travelers just did it land mobile home animals fight council
Well Im no traveler and if I want to build a small farm I can, but you seem to be, someone who sticks everyone in one pocket. You just don't get it go be a consumer and do as the man tells you, because I have a caravan on a piece of land that is a mile from my home Im a traveler

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2018, 10:19:48 am »
craiglang time to get yourself in gear
Have they served a enforcement notice ?
Doubt it if they have given you 28 days
You do not need planning for change of use to agricultral on land or any buildings that have permission
including stables that is exactly what i did.
This is important imo get some livestock sheep/goats or horse would be best to do it now before they serve a enforcement notice. The caravan can stay then
The steel shed you can apply for agricultral permission (much cheaper) or wait and see if the serve enforcement notice and then appeal it
Imo would be best to move house thing untill rest is sorted
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 10:23:08 am by mart6 »

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2018, 04:15:38 pm »
5 years on I actually have laid the slab and built the internal walls of the full stable block.  I was with a girlfriend who owned 4 horses and I owned one horse. I purchased the land of 6 acres and I also sold half the land so that answers your question how it sounds a lot of stables for 3 acres as it was 6 acres, but now 3, but I should knock them down to be happy....? That devalues the land and what i have already built.

Get a grip!  :eyelashes:  You're getting so you can't see the wood for the trees. :raining:
You have a plot of land with planning permission for stables that you have started. So that means you have cemented the planning permission. So for heavens sake don't think about knocking them down or you'll have to start applying all over again.

You've had some pretty good advice and support so look it over again, do some research on the internet, forget about what anyone else has done, take a deep breath and decide where you want to go with it.  :fc:
Rules are made:

craiglang

• Joined Jul 2018
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2018, 10:51:00 pm »
Hi Landrover
I am not thinking of knocking anything down especially there stables, its others on here who are why have you got stables 5 stable on 3 acres and want to know my life story. I had girlfriend she had 4 horses she left Im left with the land and stables and one horse.

I like animals so I want to start a hobby farm, Im a joiner so I build with wood and Im getting called a Traveler who b y the way there is one next to me and he is the best neighbour I have.

I am just complaining about the others saying that I am not aloud to have the static as welfare when I know I am. I am changing the land back to agricultural Then Im going to get all rare breeds of british animals that are in danger etc and call it Pygmy Farm. I can seed perfect but when others are saying why you have this or that instead of constructive advice, it just pees me off thats all. But I will make my farm and Ill do it without knocking anything down. I might sell the Hanzel & Gretal style cabin as be worth around £20.000 so that will pay for most of what I need.

Most councillors don't know much and just go off what they think I have did my research and I am totally aloud to have a place for welfare and health and safety and I will still be living at my home for all reading this thinking Im going to move in it...? why would I do that when I have a mint home all ready the land is perfect as my business yard and for my farm. I go there first thing and last thing after work. So I don't need to live there and trying to get a modern day women to live in a caravan who is not a traveler is a hard thing to do.

So I have a grip it the people who don't and have to say negative things that need to get a grip, but each to their own.

Thanks For The Comments
Craig 

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2018, 10:21:57 am »
Good luck Craig. :fc:
Trouble is a lot of people on here mean well but state an opinion rather than an actual fact and that is pointless.   
However knowledge is power!
I'm sure you'll get there. :thumbsup:
Rules are made:

Dookie

• Joined Dec 2018
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2018, 07:02:13 pm »
You know what your problem is? You don't have unlimited wealth and friends in high places...
I've seen it time and time again...
Just up the road to me there is a 12th century church with links to King Canute, etc... the surrounding countryside is a conservation zone... so you can imagine the amount of objections there were when a developer wanted to build 40 houses adjacent to this beautiful church... but it didn't matter, the development was granted with the green belt boundary being moved to support it..
Honestly, my heart bleeds for you... you just want to quietly go about your business and live your life, but there's always someone out to get you.
I've just been through 5 years of litigation with a horrible neighbour and now have post traumatic stress... I hope you have better luck.
Regards, Dookie.

craiglang

• Joined Jul 2018
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2019, 02:43:59 pm »
Thanks Dookie

I just don't understand why they do this sort of thing and build where they want and near what can only be called a national important structure.

Obviously somebody got a brown envelope for that sort of development. Mine is a meter from the boundary of the town but this should not matter as it is not for development, but im sure they will be coming with an offer pretty soon in the next few years as its in the nice area of my town.

I still have not heard a thing back from the council about the planning application as i did not agree with their changes from the sheds being changed from horsiculture to agriculture as they where built for agriculture and I will take them down for the extra £366 they are asking after telling me that it should only be £96 which I paid.

Now I no they are going to refuse even if i pay the extra fees so why should I the sheds are only the type you can take down. They don't have concrete bases or anything and if Im paying that amount I want them to be permanent structures.

At the moment they can just rot away after time. So I told them I did not agree with their amended planning app and have heard nothing since, oh and they said my location map is out by 1.5m over the 1,1250 they asked for, which i paid for and I downloaded from their site but it is wrong...? I only sent it straight to them I never printed it, just sent it over the net as i got it,

I think I am going to complain to the planning inspectorate for their time wasting as it has been months now.

I feel for you about your neighbour as I have that type to this is where all the trouble come from but they still have the check to wave at me....? WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY THINK...?

Hope you feel better and thanks for the comment

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2019, 10:23:02 am »
Hi Craig
We spoke on the phone a few months ago if you recall
If you have any stables that have planning permission as stables or have been up that long they are exempt from enforcement action you donot need planning permission for change of use to agricultral use and thats 110% fact

If the council tell you any different tell them to jog on and your happy for planning inspector to decide as you will appeal.
Council tried something like that with my case i purchased stables and use them for agricultral use and no planning is needed

Sounds like they have gone over time so they are trying to make excuses so its not passed by default
PS dont do anything till they get back to you
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 10:27:02 am by mart6 »

craiglang

• Joined Jul 2018
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2019, 09:05:31 pm »
Hello Mart

How are you hope things are good and you had good xmas..?

Im still waiting to hear from them have heard nothing back after I sent the last email which I stated I did not agree with my planning application to be amended, as the sheds where not built for horse and have never been used for horses.

The sheds where built for storage of tools and for the process of a small farm. I did not here anything after I told them I did not agree with the amended plans from their side. I have the letter from the enforcement officer that states that the change from horsicultre land to agriculture land is under permitted development and that no planning is needed for this.

So why have they put the change of use of the land in with the planning application to keep the sheds...? Is this so they can charge me more money...? than the standard fee of £96 and not the £466 they are asking for.?

I called them after they asked for more money and then explained I had a letter stating that the land can be changed to agriculture with no planning needed. The women on the phone said i will have to go away and do more investigation.

So i thought I would rate to here back about the extra investigation they had been doing, as you would, because that is what she said she was going to do.

But I then got a email saying because I had not been in touch about the amendment to the plans, which I had that I had 14 days to write back or the application could not be processed this was over 2 months ago and I sent her another email saying I was waiting for the outcome of your investigations as that what you said you where going to do.

I also stated again that I do not agree with the amended plans and that I think it should be processed for what it is and how the application was submitted to them.

I have not heard anything back after this no refund, no email, no nothing...? Its been nearly 4-5 months now from initial visit planning application and still no further forward.

They haven't mentioned the caravan or been back to in touch about it. So at this moment I am still no further forward.

I am just going to start my farming and do as I want and I am quite willing to take the sheds down get my money back as they have done nothing so why should they keep it and as the change of use is free, then they should not keep my money.

I will then put in other applications when the farm is up and running and I have access to another 15 acres just up the road as and when the farm grows. But this piece is where I am basing my farm has it has electric and water and is closest to my home.

When I will here from them is anyones guess as they just seem to do anything and everything they want.

How long does it have to go over to not be passed by default? I have proof the emails where sent and I sent them to the planner and the planning department saying I do not agree with the amendments, so they cannot say I have not told them I want the application to go through as I planned it to. 

Nice to see you are still following along Mart appreciate it  ;)

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2019, 11:14:30 pm »
Hi Craig
They tried it on and lost ....lol
Looks like it has clicked they dont have a leg to stand on
If i were you i would say you have proof of information sent and tell them your not doing anything else or removing anything.

If they wish to take enforcement action you will be happy  to appeal and pass all the details including that of the planning application to the planning inspector and you are confident he will find in your favour
And if they do take such action you will be applying for costs because of thier unresonable behaviour

Keep  thread updated if they do take enforcement which i think is about 5% chance now, i will help you with appeal if you need any help

Had a quite xmas but busy with kidding now and putting up extra sheds  ;)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 11:20:29 pm by mart6 »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS