Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wizard's recipes - your favourites please - to produce a booklet for charity  (Read 16902 times)

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: Wizard's recipes - your favourites please - to produce a booklet for charity
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2010, 02:53:58 pm »
I decided to bake a loaf today, as far as results and bread makers go I suppose novices such as me may quickly be put of, Thanks to THE WIZARD heres a simple loaf.

Hello Craig I have "Mucked about" with all sorts of flours and bread mixes for a long time .As good as any I find is
600g of Lidl's Strong White Bread Flour
11/2 Teaspoons Sugar
11/2        "       Salt
2 Tablespoons dried milk powder.
25 g Butter in small cubes scattered on the flour
1 sachet Hovis or 7g Allisons dried quick yeast (NOT THE SORT YOU HAVE TO SET OFF WITH SUGAR AND WATER)
400 mils hand warm water

Place 1/2 the flour in the pan add the butter salt and milk powder Then cover these with the rest of the flour sprinkle the yeast and sugar on the top and cover with the water.Select (In my Panasonic) Crust Medium Time 4hrs Large Loaf If you fancy a change of flavour add a big handfull of donkey food ( porridge oats ) Won't win the WI bread Loaf but jolly good long lasting loaf (keeps nice and fresh) Kath likes it made with brown whole meal flour
Craig

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS