Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Worming  (Read 2575 times)

Jaymac76

• Joined Jun 2012
Worming
« on: February 06, 2018, 10:50:21 pm »
Hi All, I want to get a worm count done with my goats but by the time I finish work then drive to the vets they are closed. I was think of doing a postal worm count do any of you have any experience with a postal service and if so who would you recommend. I live in West Lothian but the vet I use is in Lanark, my other choice is to try and get away from work early one day.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
Re: Worming
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 07:12:54 am »
Westgate labs do a great mail order service for all stock. https://www.westgatelabs.co.uk/

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 10:07:51 am »
I post mine to my Vets. The old postmistress used to routinely ask what was being posted. I never said sheep s**t though.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 09:06:07 pm »
I posted some samples off to Westgate Labs yesterday and got the results back today.

Jaymac76

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 06:45:44 pm »
Hi, thanks for the information, the problem I have with the getting to the vet it’s in the opposite direction to my work and approximately 30 miles at peak traffic so I think the best solution is westgate by post.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS