Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wizard's Health  (Read 55200 times)

Sandy

Re: Wizard's Health
« Reply #195 on: September 11, 2010, 05:45:13 pm »
Little things like the E Mail address can upset you more than other bigger things, I was able to get rid of a lot of my parents stuff but my dads cap was the very last to go....I also hate throwing childrens paintings out, but they are grown up now so I can!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #196 on: September 11, 2010, 07:03:09 pm »
I know  :( George was a member of my its baaath time website, I think he was one of the first (despite telling me he preferred carbolic lol!!) I see his email adress come up everytime I log on to change the website around.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2010, 07:20:10 pm »
I wish he had made the recipe book that was discussed in recipes funnily enough. what a knowledge he had. I'm deeply touched by the loss. someone I never meet, suppose thats cyber space for you. Although there are lots of great knowledgeable people on here , George had great character, In the short time I blogged with him, I will never forget his presence.
Craig

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2010, 08:18:02 pm »
We're compiling one in memory of him to raise money for Macmillan as he requested - please add your favourite Wizard recipes to the thread in the recipes section.

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #199 on: September 18, 2010, 07:31:57 pm »
hi Sharondp, I was only here long enough to get a few simple recipes, bread n things, but I would love to buy a copy please, can you keep me informed? please
Craig

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #200 on: September 18, 2010, 08:16:42 pm »
hi Sharondp, I was only here long enough to get a few simple recipes, bread n things, but I would love to buy a copy please, can you keep me informed? please
Craig, teh simple ones are the best - just tell Sharon which recipes they are and she can include them.
How's it going Sharon?  Enough fro a book yet? And do you need any help?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2010, 08:35:52 am »
I'm very disappointed at the response to be honest. I'm going through the recipes section myself to find Wizards recipes - just hoping I pick ones that people will like. If you could have a trawl through Annie and copy & paste some into the thread in the recipes section, that would be most appreciated - same goes for anyone else please!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2010, 08:49:28 am »
oh no Sharon! I had assumed that you were being inundated so had not put anymore forward. I'll have a look through too. I think this time of year particularly brings up lots of George's recipes as he was so good with the autumn harvest type things - foraging berries etc!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2010, 10:06:12 am »
I've only just found this thread as I've been away. I was just on looking for wizard's latest posts and it was when I couldn't find any that I had one of those feelings. Terrible news. Thoughts to his family and friends.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2010, 11:12:04 am »
OK Sharon, I'll have a looksee.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2010, 11:22:14 am »
Just posted one that made me chortle at the time - and still does.  Come on guys - it's for a great cause - have a look at recipes and add them to the thread for Wizard's Wonderings.  even if you joined after Gorge died, please have a look and see if something takes your fancy, then add it to that thread.

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2010, 04:48:18 pm »
I'm very disappointed at the response to be honest. I'm going through the recipes section myself to find Wizards recipes - just hoping I pick ones that people will like. If you could have a trawl through Annie and copy & paste some into the thread in the recipes section, that would be most appreciated - same goes for anyone else please!

I have been going through the Wiz man's old posts & have been copying his recipes to wordpad & will post them all soon   8) 8) 8)
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #207 on: September 20, 2010, 01:55:29 pm »
Thanks Mick!  :)

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #208 on: September 21, 2010, 04:34:54 pm »
George's wisdom has helped me with things I knew nothing about & I will never forget the man. Even though I never met him. We talked quite a lot before he got too ill & feel I have lost a good friend. I will do anything I can to help   8) 8) 8)
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

woodlandproductsfife

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2010, 10:12:42 pm »
I know exactly what you mean and feel Mick, I'm very touched and saddened by the loss.
Craig

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS