Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wizard's Health  (Read 54873 times)

Mo

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Yorkshire
    • A Small Holding
Re: Wizard's Health
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2010, 04:28:53 pm »
I would like to extend my condolences to you all.

I have kept out of this thread because, being a newcomer, I felt it was probably personal.
I have only just caught up with the sad news because of the thread about the recipes, which I think is a wonderful idea.

I did not have the priveledge of getting to know your freind, but I am touched by your loss.
A long time ago I lost someone I knew only through Newsgroups, and the whole group did something personal in his memory, also for the Macmillan Charity. It is heartwarming to know that online communities still have a heart.

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2010, 04:51:28 pm »
It was the least I could do for such a fine man :)

Im hoping to go to the funeral, and stand at the back so as not to intrude and later I will ask Kathy which was Georges favourite tree and then Ill plant one for him on my land so as long as that tree is there George will never be forgotton.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2010, 05:09:11 pm »
So sorry to read about Wizard, my thoughts are with George's family.
He'll be much missed on here
 :&>

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2010, 06:37:27 pm »
Wiz man.......   Such sad sad news.  I'm so gutted I never got to meet George. We had planned to meet up. I was busy & then he fell ill.
Even though I didn't meet him I will never forget the little chats we had. He was a genuine nice guy.
My thoughts are with you & your family Kath.

Such a sad sad loss

Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2010, 07:20:30 pm »
Such sad news.

I too didnt know him well, only through words on the forum here, on reading it truly sounds like he made a positive mark on alot of peoples lives he should be proud.

May god bless his soul and he rest in peace knowing he has shared so much.

Thoughts goes to all who will miss him.

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2010, 09:36:44 pm »
That was a great post Jackie.

I didn't know him for long but I REALLY miss him............. :'(

Please let us know what his favourite tree was Jackie and I'll plant one too. Even if I move house, I'll plant one there too! His spirit will be with us forever.  :farmer:

Don't believe in God but George will be at one with nature now more than ever. Thank you for everything Wizard!

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

jacob and Georgina

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2010, 10:14:43 pm »
Wizard truely was an inspiration to all newcomers to smallholding, he achieved so much in his life and will be greatly missed, offered me some great advice about starting out and that will never be forgotten!  RIP Wizard  :bouquet:

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2010, 10:23:13 pm »
Have had a long break from the forum however can remember a lot of wizards early posts, certainly made me think with the funny replys and vast knowledge of many subjects RIP george...........a real character

ser3dan

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2010, 07:17:06 am »
As another newbie I only had a few conversations with George, but he was a real fount of knowledge about smallholding, and will be sadly missed.
Rest in peace George, you can be at one with nature now.

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2010, 09:50:12 am »
If David or kath is reading this. Do you feel that you can tell us the funeral details and would any of us be welcomed? Maybe you will just be having a family only private funeral. In any case our thoughts will be with you on the day. Sheila xx

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2010, 10:49:34 am »
Yes, if it were possible, it would be nice for someone off  this forum to be there,  to represent the rest of us

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2010, 11:03:09 am »
Im gonna ring Kath today to find out the details and if anyone other than the family would be welcome. If we are then hubby and I shall go.

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2010, 07:30:18 pm »
I would like to extend my condolences to you all.

I have kept out of this thread because, being a newcomer, I felt it was probably personal.
I have only just caught up with the sad news because of the thread about the recipes, which I think is a wonderful idea.

Ditto what SteveMo said. Found out through the recipe idea.  I am so sorry to hear this sad news.  The short time I have been on here I've enjoyed his banter too.

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2010, 08:05:39 pm »
Send our love to the family Jackie.  Great idea about the tree.  If you can let me know what his favourite was I will plant one down here too. 
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2010, 09:35:38 pm »
Send our love to the family Jackie.  Great idea about the tree.  If you can let me know what his favourite was I will plant one down here too. 
and here...
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS