Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wizard's Health  (Read 54852 times)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
Re: Wizard's Health
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2010, 09:42:25 pm »
That's such sad news, rest in peace George you'll be missed here and everywhere else you've been, I'm sure.

Our condolences to George's family, he was a true character and brought life to this place.  :bouquet:

David, please let us know if there's a nominated charity or other way of remembering George.

Dan & Rosemary

Fergie

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2010, 09:43:02 pm »
oh i feel so sad.  like everyone else, i felt i got to know him through here.  i wonder if it would be appropriate to send a card?
Rosemary and Dan may have an address, I'll email her and ask.  Or perhaps Jackie and Mick might be able to help.

Wizard was a fellow Ham Radio enthusiast, with a callsign G6YAT.  Google it and you'll get his address from QRZ, the International call book database.  Virtually all Hams publish their address details since it is the way to send confirmation postcards of contacts (QSL cards).

Or PM me for details.

John

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2010, 09:45:15 pm »
Dan, and others

Please have a look at http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php/topic,9424.msg92804.html#msg92804

... a way for all at TAS to remember George  :)

Daisy

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Near Earlston Scottish Borders
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2010, 10:31:10 pm »
I'm so sorry to hear this very sad news, my thoughts are with George's family

HappyHippy

« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2010, 10:34:28 pm »
I really am so very sad to hear Wizard's gone  :'( The stories, memories and receipes always made me smile.
David, please pass my condolances to your mum and the rest of the family, you're in my thoughts.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

I think this sums up a great man, bye George - I'll miss you
Karen xx

Gordon M

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2010, 11:28:06 pm »
Karen that was really good, George would have liked it!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2010, 11:49:00 pm »
My friend asked me to read that at her husbands funeral.  It had the whole congregation wiping their eyes.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2010, 07:37:38 am »
Just seen this condolences to Kath and the family.  Wiz you will be missed.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2010, 08:19:41 am »
I've just picked up this thread again certain to hear that George was up and doing by now. What sad news. For us at any rate, George is absolutely fine wherever he is. Picking blackberries I dare say and making someone laugh!

Olly398

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Herts
    • Brixton's Bounty
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2010, 09:35:07 am »
Rest In Peace
also blogging at...

Brixton's Bounty

Frieslandfilly

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2010, 09:54:24 am »
Sorry to hear the sad news, I have not been a member long but always looked forward to reading Wizard's posts, his wisdom and experience were invaluable he will be missed greatly I know.

Dawn

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2010, 10:37:45 am »
I haven't felt able to write something that would do George justice before now as I was too upset.  :'(

I have tried to understand and to come to some sort of peace about George going. I know George was in pain and life was a struggle, every breath was a struggle, but like all friends we just accept that as is and don't really see things from another's point of view. It cannot have been easy for George but he still gave of himself and his time, which was soo precious to anyone who asked. Anyone who chatted to George knew that he liked them and in return we liked George.

Some people come into our lives for a relatively short time and they gather you to them and make you feel special for knowing that person.
 George was like that.  :farmer:
He made each of us feel special in some way and I for one am very grateful to have known such a vital character that was George, but I am so sad that I didn't know him for longer however I wouldn't wish him back into pain.
His wonderful stories of his childhood gladdened my heart every time I read a new one on here and I know I'm not the only one to have loved his stories.

It does feel fitting that as the summer fades away George leaves with it.

Wherever you are George know that Les and I will miss you and we are sure we will never meet another person who so touched our lives as you have done.  :wave:

Our thoughts and prayers are sent to Kathy and the boys.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 02:14:32 pm by Jackie »

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2010, 10:39:57 am »
Jackie, that's beautiful.  xx
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2010, 02:36:51 pm »

Some people come into our lives for a relatively short time and they gather you to them and make you feel special for knowing that person.
 George was like that.  :farmer:
He made each of us feel special in some way and I for one am very grateful to have known such a vital character that was George, but I am so sad that I didn't know him for longer however I wouldn't wish him back into pain.
His wonderful stories of his childhood gladdened my heart every time I read a new one on here and I know I'm not the only one to have loved his stories.

It does feel fitting that as the summer fades away George leaves with it.

Wherever you are George know that Les and I will miss you and we are sure we will never meet another person who so touched our lives as you have done.  :wave:

Our thoughts and prayers are sent to Kathy and the boys.

:)

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2010, 04:07:03 pm »
Beautifully put, Jackie. Thanks. You put into words how many of us feel.

He was so witty and generous with his time and knowledge. He sent me some long emails with wonderful advice and I marvelled at how he was willing to go to so much time and trouble for a complete stranger particularly when he was so chronically unwell. What a kind spirited, lovely man. I wish I could have met him.

My sincerest condolences to his family.

Valx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS