Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wizard's Health  (Read 54679 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Wizard's Health
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2010, 12:05:14 pm »
That is so upsetting, I felt I had got to know George as he emailed me regularly with little jokes, as well as his postings on here.  I hope he is now in a lovely place where he has no pain or breathing problems.
May I also extend my condolences to Kath and their sons.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2010, 12:14:05 pm »
oh i feel so sad.  like everyone else, i felt i got to know him through here.  i wonder if it would be appropriate to send a card?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2010, 12:15:30 pm »
so sad. George will be greatly missed and I extend my sympathies to Kath, David and all of George's family. such a lovely man xx
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Fergie

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2010, 12:37:12 pm »
Terrible news - my thoughts are with his family.

John

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2010, 01:00:28 pm »
Bad news indeed ,he will be missed by a lot of people. I knew him from his River Cottage days before here, I must have talked to him for six months before he found out I was  female. Nice to have known you George :farmer: Our thoughts are with Kath and family.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2010, 01:10:11 pm »
That is such sad news indeed. Thanks to his son for letting the news be heard. We develop what we feel are such friendships on a forum like this, and yet in the family circle they may not even know we exist, to tell us the news. I too hope he is now in a better place, and at least there he won't have to have his oxygen tank with him at all times.

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2010, 01:56:56 pm »
oh i feel so sad.  like everyone else, i felt i got to know him through here.  i wonder if it would be appropriate to send a card?
Rosemary and Dan may have an address, I'll email her and ask.  Or perhaps Jackie and Mick might be able to help.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2010, 02:19:32 pm »
How very sad, he will be greatly missed, a true character, this place wont be the same without him, I am so glad to have sent him to TAS, he  made so many lovely friends and I know he really enjoyed posting here.  RIP dear Georgee. Miss you already x
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:21:07 pm by dixie »

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2010, 03:11:57 pm »
My God this has knocked me for 6...........I diddnt know Wizard for very long but I will really miss him  :bouquet:

bamford6

« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2010, 03:15:44 pm »
very sad when i was ill we talked everey day .the last time we spoke he was going to the steam fare .very specal person

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2010, 03:58:53 pm »
Oh, I am so sad to hear this news.  Although he was very ill himself, he still came on this forum with his lovely posts, and he never failed to send Bamford a daily post of what was happening, while he was in hospital, which was lovely!!

Wizard, will be really missed by everyone who "knew" him on here - I really loved his posts.  Always smiled at him living in Grimsby and not liking fish!!

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2010, 04:40:26 pm »
R.I.P George. I never knew you but will miss your writings on here. my condolences to your family. sheila x

Hardfeather

« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2010, 04:42:16 pm »
Oh Dear...that's sad news.  :(

Sharondp

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2010, 04:45:58 pm »
Such sad news - at least George is now pain free. I'll miss him so much - he was such a character.

George and I (and others) discussed producing a little booklet of 'his' recipes - all the old fashioned stuff and selling it for charity - I'm sure he would want us to do this.
If you could all find your favourites and post them on a new thread, i'll collate them and produce a booklet - won't be too fancy, just simple & straightforward - just like George  :)

loosey

• Joined May 2010
  • Cornwall
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2010, 04:46:49 pm »
Oh I can't believe it  :( RIP George. You were a most genuine and helpful gent. My horses would still be going thirsty if it weren't for your invaluable knowledge! I hope you are busy picking brambles up there and tutting at my bad jam making skills. xxx :bouquet:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS