Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Urgent FTGH  (Read 16573 times)

SLI

• Joined Apr 2010
Re: Urgent FTGH
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 09:12:56 pm »
What an absolute A hole this guy sounds!
I think you should write down everything that you catch him at (date & time) and everything you suspect is him & then you may be able to turn the tables on the horrible man.   :chook:
And remember: Keep smiling - it confuses the ba-tards!

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 09:22:35 pm »
I smile in front of him but not when I come in.

Anyway I need homes for my boys before the court date and even more importantly anything happens to them

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 09:26:36 pm »
Reading all this I just think "oh but for the grace of god" call ducks going ballistic in the morning, cockerel wanting out, pygmy goats in season and giving birth (not the quitest things) mad collies that bark at anything the goats do!!! and the list goes on - I really sympathize with you why can't people just mind their own business - I guess there are just people out there who have to complain wether its a cockerel or a planning application or the weather..........don't know what to say to help but I do wish you luck ..........thinking voodoo possibly!!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 10:02:53 pm »
I know there's no law against staring at people

I'm not so sure - what about the laws of stalking!  That's exactly what it is.  You must do as is suggested - make it obvious you have a notebook and are taking notes about him and his family.  Look over the wall at his ground, and write things down. 
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 10:11:03 pm »
He has 6 foot fencing all around his 'garden' so I can't look over, I can hear him walking up and down the fence line at the front as he has a gravel drive and out the back I can sometimes hear him rubbing against the fence. i obviously see him at his upstairs window looking into my garden, paddock and fields. i have found myself no longer wearing shorts when it is hot but I wear cargo pants instead.
There was one day I was riding my horse in the field and he was watching, he then banged his window closed which made Blue bolt across the field and I came off, it is madness but the police say they can't do anything as it is just a guy looking out of his window over farmland.

Still need to find homes for the boys

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 10:14:10 pm »
Take a photo of him every time you see him looking out the window! Especially with flash.  You need to defend yourself by harassing him too.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 12:16:46 am »
Did you get letters from the council, or a visit, asking you to get rid of your cockerels?  And then a court order after that?  Surely you can keep one cockerel on a smallholding?  I know a lot of people in residential areas with cockerels. They must be lucky and no one has complained.  What I do not understand is why its just cockerels that they complain about.  Dogs barking day and night, is surely as bad, loud music, etc. etc.......

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 05:10:35 am »
Me thinks someones trying to expand their property by making it vacant and avalible.  May be he should be paid a visit  ;D

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 07:54:28 am »
Yes Roxy we had 2 letters saying the cockerals were being investigated and a visit where we were advised to keep the cockerals in the coops until later (so I had to work part-time to accomodate this) and then a letter to say get rid of the cockerals and because they only gave me 2 weeks I now have a letter to say they are starting legal proceedings. I am thinking of fighting it by using the legal cover on my smallholders insurance but in reality what chance do I have and I have to think of the animals welfare as well.
I followed all of the requests from the neighbour and council and still this has happened.

STILL NEED HOMES FOR MY BEAUTIFUL BOYS

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 09:25:22 am »
Get some cctv cameras, the fake ones are very cheap now.point them at him .

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 09:27:05 am »
I have fake ones around the property and it has detered people from opening gates recently, but it actually illegal to point it into another property

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2010, 10:44:48 am »
OK guys, enough talk, time for action - is anyone close enough to Ellisr to go and get her boys and give them a foster home in the meantime? Then get this chap sorted out.  It sounds to me as if he has friends in the Council if they are pursuing to this extent.  Perhaps someone higher up in the Council needs to be alerted to this victimisation - like your own Councillor, or even your MP?

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2010, 10:46:48 am »
Honestly never thought of my MP, I have been through so much in the last 6 months I have lost my fight a bit, I am on the verge of selling the animals and moving on

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2010, 10:51:49 am »
And let him get away with it?  Not with us behind you you won't! ;)  I'm in the process of fighting Network Rail and Transport Scotland for letting the coal freight companies run trains through the night 7 meters from my bedroom window - I'm not going to give that up I can tell you!  Read all about it, and borrow some of my enthusiasm! http://www.facebook.com/pages/StopNightTrains/110706728967360
This is your home, your way of life - hold on to that!  Your neighbour is acquisitive methinks!  And devious! And a number of other adjectives I could use,

Budo1

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2010, 11:15:10 am »
there are laws regarding keeping such in other countries. As far as im aware there is no National Law about keeping chickens or cockerels in a residential area, unless it is a commercial enterprise.

However, there may be local bye-laws about keeping livestock, or there may be restrictive covenants on your house or land which govern the keeping of livestock. There is also the laws relating to "Nuisance" - whether from noise or other. have you been to consult Citizens advice?
Just a thought, have you tried housing the cockeral in at night and release in the morning? A well built block shed or such, or good dark sound proof area? just to show compromise.
I would start planting tall trees to obsure view and act as sound barrier.. i planted 15 laylandii 3 years ago and mulched with some lovely rabbit manure.. they have grown a serious amount and have covered a great area - excellent result ( i know there are restrictions on these trees- i was very sneaky and planted on the railway embankment  ;))  )

I have the same problem with my next door neighbour ( the curtain twitcher) no matter what i do she is there watching and  glaring. This week we had environmental health around checking, but they went away more than satisfied that everything was A1. she had a flea in her ear. she had complained that the stock was causing too many flies... but after investigation it was found it was caused but the food she throws out and that my yard and  stock were more than over clean......
2 years ago she complained constantly that i should not have painted my house with dulux weather sheild 'white' as it was too bright and she didnt like the colour  :-\   .. my trees are to wavey in the wind? My decked area of the garden was too large! My kids bounce their basket balls in the day time!!! the list goes on. Ive had ten years of this! I can empethise fully with your plight.
 Fortunately for my sanity my house is near completion and will sell as soon as i can.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS