Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Urgent FTGH  (Read 16578 times)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
Re: Urgent FTGH
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2010, 11:21:18 am »
I have grazing rights on my land so no covenant, the property has always been a smallholding and at one stage the landlord bred red setters (now that would have been noisy) The cockerals are locked in through the night and let out at about 9 am 4 days a week and at 6.30 the 3 days I have to work.
The irony is we live between a couple of RAF bases and they do helicopter manovers most days and about 4 nights out of 7. On night manovers they start at 10pm and go until about 3 and these guys fly very low over us

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2010, 12:14:49 pm »
I apologise for being blunt - it is my nature.  But that is defeatist.  If everyone took that attitude no-one would be allowed to do anything except the bullies! ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2010, 02:36:37 pm »
My standard reply to people who come to live here from towns? "Oh they don't have cockerels crowing/ducks quacking/dogs barking then where you come from?" The usual reply is "No". "So", say I "Bugger off back to where you came from then, there are too many of you now down here, telling folk what they can and can't do."
It makes me mad, up-country people coming to live here then complaining about livestock too close to them, cow-s**t in the lanes, church bells ringing and "Oh, how cruel!Those poor little lambs being taken to slaughter(their meat being grown on trees of course!) we must do something to stop it"
GET BACK TO TOWNS AND CITIES, I SAY, AND LET US GET ON WITH OUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2010, 02:59:18 pm »
This guy sounds an absolute arse. I would come and kick him up his for you if you was closer. I hate bullies & idiots who interfere in the lives of others. Are you a member of your local smallholder association?  http://www.shasomerset.org.uk/    have a word with them & see if they know anyone who could help your plight. They might be able to help with your boys if nothing else. The local MP is a good idea.
You are allowed one free visit to a solicitor & I would phone around & find one that covers countryside issues & see what they have to say.
This arse must have a contact somewhere to be able to get so much through in a short space of time. Don't give up. Get the papers involved or maybe call some of the magazines like 'Country smallholding' or 'Smallholder'   They would know who to contact for help.

I don't know if this was any use to you & I really wish you luck.
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

sarha

• Joined Jun 2010
  • East Sussex
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2010, 04:59:45 pm »
Just read this thread and I can't believe what an A**e this man is! I wish you luck with your boys and hope you can find them a new home and good luck with sorting your problem out.x
Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines; sail away from the safe harbour; catch the trade winds in your sails. -  Mark Twain

Hardfeather

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2010, 10:25:02 pm »
Here's what you do...

Get a lemonade bottle (glass), fill it with petrol and stick a rag in the top. Wipe it clean of all finger prints and, wearing gloves, deposit it on his doorstep in the dead of night.

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2010, 10:46:34 pm »
Here's what you do...

Get a lemonade bottle (glass), fill it with petrol and stick a rag in the top. Wipe it clean of all finger prints and, wearing gloves, deposit it on his doorstep in the dead of night.

Lit, I presume?  :P

Seriously, people like him need to be taught what is important in life!

He isn't!

Hearing about this makes my blood boil. Unfortunately I cannot help but I surely would if I could. Good luck with your problem.

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2010, 11:42:28 pm »
That is awful really, he sounds like a right bully, I would be keeping a diary of events and getting ready to call the police if this kind of behavior carries on....good luck :)

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2010, 02:51:15 am »
I'm near by and more than willing to help i.e. a few on the council that are all for rural life, hell they even stick up for people in council houses that want to keep poultry etc. I'm guessing your near Yeovil?

Failing that I can always have a bike ride with 30 like minded people and introduce ourselves  ;D Seriously if you want assistance legally and sensibly give me a shout, I could look into his planning concents regards his building and fences   :wave:

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2010, 07:40:28 am »
The people on here are great :love:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2010, 10:42:11 am »
Looks like Cobra can help you.  Maybe you should advise your neighbour you have a pet 'snake in the grass' ;)  Go get him, Guys! >:( >:( >:(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2010, 12:23:07 pm »
Your neighbour sounds very like a not very nice relative of ours.  From that experience he will feed on any damage he can do to you, it will inflate his poor self image, so that he needs more and more, weak  people are often like that.  As the situation has gone beyond ignoring, and as his behaviour is making your life difficult, you have only two choices, give in and move or fight back figuratively not literally. 

Start by being a damned nuiscance to the council, every thing he has done, every bit of rubbish, any possible complaint you can make, do so in writing.  keep at it, if they have to follow up every complaint he makes then do unto him etc. only twice as much.  Sorry for the local council caught in the middle of this, you want to remain where you live then do as suggested here and give as good and more than he does.

TheCaptain

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2010, 05:13:09 pm »
Elisr, see you are in Somerset and seemingly just down the road.  Let me know if you want those tanks to conveniently break down ;)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2010, 05:37:18 pm »
Tanks breakdown would be good it would take his concentration off me for a while hehehe

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2010, 05:50:12 pm »
You have an PM and an e-mail.  :bouquet:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS