Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pigs, Bacon and Sausage.  (Read 9041 times)

Petunia

• Joined Oct 2007
Pigs, Bacon and Sausage.
« on: November 19, 2007, 06:10:35 pm »
Hi one and all.
               Would just like to say what a good site this is, and to inform you, soon more recipes like the Bacon and Gammon, the Cumberland sausage, which incidentally have been taken from the www.pigsinfrance.com. site
will be available.
  Please have a look and see how we do things in France, perhaps you would like to contribute with some new ideas.
      Petunia.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Pigs, Bacon and Sausage.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 06:29:35 pm »
Not my party gammon Petunia! Have been using that recipe for 25 years. I used to used it on supermarket bacon joints, now it is used for our own gammons and bacon joints.

You may have noticed that this is a smallholders website, with just a few pig keepers. There is a wealth of knowledge about everything from carrotts to cows, and the pigs are somewhere there is the middle!!

Hope to see you contributing on some of the other topics - I have certainly learned a lot on here and I am sure you will to. I am looking forward to your recipies, it is always good to try some new ones no matter where they come from! Mine comes from the revised Dairy Cook Book published in 1978. The original one that I had fell apart and I got this one second hand, but the recipe was in the 1968 edition.

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Petunia

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 06:53:25 pm »
Thanks for the invite Kate, with us " pigs are not somewhere in the middle", we are dedicated to pigs and pig welfare,especially the Brittish old breeds. Tamworth, G.O.S. Lops, Large Blacks, ect.Why dont you join us as your input would be much appreciated, as would that of anybody else if they are interested.

Petunia.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 07:43:41 pm »
Have emailed you Petunia!
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 07:07:45 am »
Petunia/ Francis as one new to computers you may not to understand netiquette which would imply that out of common politeness you first introduce yourselves on the welcome part of the site. Certainly before promoting another site.

The recipes were actually taken from Anglo Info.  Perhaps PIF copied them as I did.

It does seem that Pif must be desperate for members contributors to its forum if as it appears here, one of the administrators has to use multi identities on an English site in an attempt to increase its membership. 

Having perused the site I notice that this appears to be the norm on the site, with 2 or 3 "members" posting under various identities. 

This site is for people who are dedicated to animal welfare, I think if you have bothered to actually read some of the postings you will find that on this site the use of monstrosities like nose ringing and sow crates are not encouraged.

This is a wonderful site for real people who talk to each other not to themselves.

Perhaps you might consider the final words of Sarcoptes, and take note. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 08:29:44 am by Hilarysmum »

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 10:20:16 am »
Hello Petunia.

If you can direct me to the material you believe was copied from the PIF site I'll be happy to look into it further.

Welcome to the AS forum, it's good to know we have something to offer members of other forums, you should tell all your friends at PIF about us! I look forward to your contributions.

Dan

Petunia

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 11:23:43 pm »
Hello Dan.
           Thankyou for your welcome to T.A.S. I have taken note of Hillarysmum's lesson in netiquette and will in due course introduce myself.
      Friends at P.I.F. do in fact frequently look in on T.A.S. and agree it's very interesting and informative.
 We all have something to give and something to learn.
       P.I.F. too is dedicated to animal welfare, that of pigs at home in France.
   If we touch on sensative subjects, nose ringing ect. it is to discuss and perhaps persuade people, if not to stop, then moderate use of these practices. Taking a bigoted stance either way on the subject is of to none, least of all the animals. Like it or not these practices exist, in France and in the U.K.
   As to the material  from P.I.F. , I expect you have other matters to attend to. As the author of both recipies, on P.I.F. and Angloinfo, I have no objection what so ever to sharing them, just to the way they were presented.
  I am sure you will understand.
   If at any time you would like to look in and join in our discussions you will be most welcome, as will any person with animal wellbeing at heart.

Petunia.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS