Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pigs and Bacon.  (Read 7612 times)

Francis

• Joined Nov 2007
Pigs and Bacon.
« on: November 17, 2007, 07:25:34 pm »
Hello All,
         I am new here, actually I am new to all sites as I have just taken delivery of my first computer.
    We have a couple of pigs every year, meat for the freezer.Ours are just about ready to go off and I have been looking for a Bacon recipe.Whilst perusing other sites I found one, just what I wanted. I am going to try it on a piece of commercial pork as suggested first before using the good stuff.
  So if you think you would like to give it a try, you will find it at WWW.Pigsinfrance.com
 Maybe have some Gammon for Christmas.
    Francis

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Pigs and Bacon.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 09:22:38 pm »
Pigs in France doesn't actually exist as such anymore. They are open to visitors at the moment because, but they are now L'Association of Pigs In France and there is a membership fee. It is recently formed for Pedigree owners in France with affiliation to the BPA.

I did have a peep in re your recipe however  but can't find it. Perhaps you could advise - always interested in new recipies!

Kate
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 12:12:39 pm by pigsatlesrues »
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 07:51:27 am »
Hello Francis, why dont you introduce yourself on the welcome part of the site and tell us all about your self.  Welcome anyway to this wonderful site.  I am sure you will soon appreciate the unique ethos of this site, where we are all very supportive friends,  whose ethos is the promotion of good pig husbandry (and all other animals of course) and animal welfare comes before profit or convenience.  Hope you will continue to post here.  HM

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 08:11:34 am »
I did have a peep in re your recipe however  but can't find it. Perhaps you could advise - always interested in new recipies!

Kate I found Francis recipe on another site, have altered it very slightly so as not to be thought to be plaguerising (my speciality) and posted it under recipes.  You dont have to use sel nitrate, ordinary fine salt works as well. 

HM

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 08:51:45 am »
Francis, you are right, a nice recipe, will give it a go.

Do you live in UK or are you one of us here in France?

This forum is so nice because there are members from everywhere, and there is a wealth of knowledge on every subject from the smallest garden to the largest animal and even nicer is that the people share their dreams, and that is something really special.

The name of the site is so appropriate to us, because it was accidentally that we became smallholders.

If you go onto the coffee lounge you will see just how diverse peoples lives are, but all sharing the common interest.

Do let us know what you do and where you are and welcome to the site!

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS