Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pig tales  (Read 5596 times)

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Pig tales
« on: November 22, 2007, 07:35:14 am »
 :D
Just been down to feed the pigs, the boar was in his wallow, now it must be about 4 deg. C here, and its raining.  He seems to regularly take a bath, is this normal.  (He is kept parasite free).

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Pig tales
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 07:47:42 am »
Delboy still loves his wallow - at least for him it is a spa, because his 'pool' is kept fresh by the overflow of the pond which in turn is fed by the stream if you see what I mean!

Vanessa is with him now, and I saw her taking a tippy toes visit yesterday but she didn't actually wallow.

In the other area Rodney (Trotter) is still covering himself in mud from his wallow, and ours to are parasite free. He lives with Miranda at the moment.

My conclusion to this bizzarr behavior for the time of year is they are 'dressing' for their lady friends - their version of 'best bib and tucker'! - Odour de Cochon - irresistable to the ladies apparantly!!
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Pig tales
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 10:44:07 am »
Now you mention it, when we last introduced a lady to himself, he approached her, snorted then rushed off and had the most enthusiastic mud bath I have ever seen him take.  After about 5 minutes of this strange behaviour whilst the lady stood by confused as were we, he came back, very cool, then got on with the job.  Perhaps he is hinting...  anyone out there got a nice GOS sow wants to meet cool GOS guy???

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS