Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: rare breed  (Read 2404 times)

jacob and Georgina

• Joined May 2010
rare breed
« on: May 16, 2010, 07:25:41 pm »
does anyone keep balwen mountain sheep? i Am interested in keeping some rare breed sheep and would like to know if anyone knows of any reason why i should not keep balwen`s? :sheep:

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: rare breed
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 08:16:20 pm »
why would anyone have an objection. each breed has its own good and bad bits if you want them and have read up go for it.

Freddiesfarm

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 09:51:06 pm »
I am sure there is a breeder in the Devon area who advertises in the Devon Smallholder Association Magazine (DASH).  They are nice sheep, but too small for me!

http://www.devonsmallholders.co.uk/

jacob and Georgina

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 10:01:57 pm »
I Have found a breeder in oakhampton who sells them so getting hold of them should not be a problem. They are a little small but as  i only want a few and am not looking to make profit then i think they will be sufficient. I just wanted something that was a little unusual and nice to look at. Still look forward to seeing some lleyns though Freddie at the Devon county show and may have several of them aswell.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS