Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Dogs Like eat strangest things  (Read 16000 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Dogs Like eat strangest things
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2010, 11:56:13 am »
I have trained my dogs to always swallow fish head first
Why?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2010, 11:57:24 am »
Now I love pinapple and threw some to the dogs but only Ben ate it and not that fast like usual!!
That's what you give them in their food to supposedly stop them eating their own poo - or other dogs eating it. Not sure if it works or not.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

humphreymctush

• Joined Jul 2010
  • orkney
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2010, 02:32:07 pm »
Doganjo, if they try to swallow them tail first the fins and gill stick in their throats

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2010, 02:38:34 pm »
duh ::) Now why didn't I think of that! ???

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2010, 08:27:30 pm »
.... and I thought it was some joke about how it'll come out the other end, head first to see where it lands, or something!!  :)
Little Blue

Budo1

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2010, 06:37:48 am »
TOH baked some fresh bread yesterday, placed 3 tins to cool on the side... after a while came back into kitchen to cut a slice  only to find one tin missing...we find dog, half a loaf and only a small part of the foil tin left. now i understand the loaf - boy they smelt good, But the foil tin too? Both were separate so could say it was because the loaf was stuck to it.

Sandy

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2010, 01:55:12 pm »
I just bought some peroxide and put some diluted in a bucket to clean the pooo mess as the pups have the runs, then saw Rohan drinking some of the water, she only got 4 licks of it ...will it hurt her?????

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2010, 06:52:37 pm »
She might get more of the runs - wasn't she sick?  That's what vets use (Or used to, don't know if they still do) to induce vomiting.  it's an emetic.

Sandy

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2010, 07:40:48 pm »
No, Rohan is fine, just got runny poo when she goes, she will have chicken and rice tonight, Rhum is good, solid poo as with all the others. THe dilute was very weak, a few caps full (5?) and a gallon bucket, she has had some imodium but if her poo is still runny tomorrow I will have to see the vet, I think she had a lot of the adult food as it gave them both the runs last time I tried it...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS