Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Location of mobile home  (Read 2427 times)

Loraine

• Joined Aug 2015
Location of mobile home
« on: January 23, 2016, 03:11:04 pm »
Hello
Please can I ask about the location of a mobile home.   
We are planning to submit an application under permitted development for a barn, followed by a mobile home.
Can I ask do we have to put the mobile home near the barn or can it be in a different area.
Thanking you all in anticipation of your help.
L.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: Location of mobile home
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 07:24:58 pm »
I am not entirely sure - but one of the reasons to live on-site in a mobile is for the security of the building site. So it may help if its near the barn?

si-mate

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Kent
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 01:19:27 pm »
Your will normally be required to site the home near to the buildings for security but also to keep the spread of development to a minimum.
Google PPS7 Annexe A. Although it is no longer current policy it seems to be what the planners work to.

Sunny south devon

• Joined Nov 2014
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 07:42:20 pm »
It has to be sighted within a reasonable distance from the build, I think it's 25metres Just keep in mind your not ' living' in the mobile home, your purely ' staying' there at times during construction if anybody should ask, there is a minor difference but can cause you many problems

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS