Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Stray Cat.  (Read 4129 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Stray Cat.
« on: April 20, 2010, 10:42:01 am »
Yet again it looks as if somone has dumped their cat at the bottom of our farm road. We have had a few over the years and I find it very upsetting for the poor animal. This one was on my bedroom window ledge the other night, soaking wet and crying. I got up and went out with some food which I place in the hay barn, at least it would be dry and warmer in there. Next day I gave my friend at the cat protection a call to say it was here just in case its on the lost list. I have not seen it for a couple of days but every night the food is gone so must be around. If not claimed by anyone then I will have another outdoor cat.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Stray Cat.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 11:24:51 am »
oh dear that is sad  :(  I can't understand why people dump cats personally, I have 4 that I love to bits. its lucky that its found you!!  maybe its microchipped and then at least the owner could be found? then again if the owner did the dumping its unlikely to be cared enough for to be chipped. does it look well and healthy?
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 02:59:41 pm »
I love mine too, and dearly miss my wee girl Candy who just disappeared one night.  My last cat, dear old Sophie,  adopted us out of nowhere but we spent a lot of time and effort into trying to find her owner.  CAts can feed them selves and don't need a lot od care and attention so why anyone would dump then I can't imagine.  Rio is quite independednt but will sit on my knee for hours purring like crazy.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 10:39:51 am »
Cat does look OK but i have not been close enough to know if its male or female which makes me think its been living wild for a while and become scared. It could have been around for a while as our outdoor cats get fed in the stables and hay barn. the other week my OH came home to say he had just seen a dog running up and down the road in a right state. I grab my shoes and a lead and we went to see if we could get a hold of it but it had vanished. We are surrounded by a lot of fields so it could have gone anywhere. I once saw a car throw there cat  out of the window while the car was still moving, poor thing died.How we can call ourselves animal lovers  :(

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 10:43:21 am »
that's horrible  >:(  poor thing.

hopefully there are still more good people than bad, just the thought of animal cruelty makes me tearful though. my lap cat is due her kittens next week and I'm already dreading screening new owners.

i hope your new addition is ok - like i said before, thank goodness it found you.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 01:32:50 pm »
Don't forget plums Cats look down on you.Dogs look up to you.But pigs think they are equal
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 02:19:31 pm »
what about goats though?! I'm sure mine are laughing at me!  :goat:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS