Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Odd cat behaviour  (Read 3442 times)

egbert

• Joined Jan 2010
Odd cat behaviour
« on: March 24, 2010, 08:59:31 pm »
I have recently taken up swimming as exercise. When I get home I leave my costume by the machine ready to go in. And every time I do, I find my cat rolling around in it later - she appears to love the smell of chlorine as much as most cats love catnip, at least thats the only other things that has ever made her behave this way.

So - what is it with cats and chlorine, or is it just mine? DO you cats have odd behaviours?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Odd cat behaviour
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 11:05:06 pm »
One of ours is very "licky" but he has a slightly cleft palate ad chronic cat flu - we call him Lucky - no, actually, he's called Felix - but we think licking might be an alternative to sniffing since his nose ain't so good.

Don't know about the chlorine thing though.

BadgerFace

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Sussex
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 01:56:36 pm »
I've heard of cats liking the smell of bleach, apparently it smells like cat urine to them and the rubbing round/rolling is them re-scenting their territory. 
Breeder of Pedigree Torddu Badger Face Welsh Mountain Sheep & Anglo Nubian Goats

dreamer

• Joined Apr 2009
  • ilkeston derbyshire
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 07:04:11 am »
Hi yes my cat loves the smell of bleach too, if ever i have been cleaning with it she is attracted to the smell on my hands.

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 11:48:21 am »
Which is why, you shouldn't clean cat's pee with bleach because they end up peeing in the same spot!  :P

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 08:13:30 pm »
one of mine used to sleep on my head in bed when I'd had my hair highlighted! funny animals  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS