Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pregnant cat!  (Read 15481 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Pregnant cat!
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 01:19:52 pm »
the lionhead bunny has pipped the cat to the post - just nipped out for an hour and returned to 7 baby rabbits! all look fit and well, 4 dark and 3 pink  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 04:35:36 pm »
And Lillian has pipped your cat to the post too ....looked in this morning, and she has some kittens.  Could not see how many, but numerous.  She is 5 days earlier than usual.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 04:57:37 pm »
aw lovely!! well snowball is 9 weeks tomorrow so we'll see if she is on time, or like 3 of my 4 daighters goes over!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 11:04:01 pm »
Well, she came out of the cupboard in the caravan for food tonight, so I had a peep in.  Expected to see 7 kittens, going off the size of her.  But just 4 enormous ones.  And two are black and white, the other two are grey and white.  One of the other white ones looks prenant too .....oh dear, hope it does not try and go in the cupboard too!!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 07:32:57 am »
excellent  ;D  sounds like the maternity unit where I had my eldest - all of us preggy women queuing for one cupboard  ::)  hope your others go well too.
snowball has spent the night being very restless, on and off my bed and in and out of her litter tray. eating for england still though.

might have to get vet for poorly goat today so will be s*ds law that I get her kittening all at th esame time!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 02:09:27 pm »
You bed could become a nice place to have her kittens!!  Usually born either middle of the night or early morning, or at least in our house.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 11:19:22 am »
and now the other lionlop bunny is nesting but still no kittens from snowball!

hows your kittens doing Roxy?

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 03:24:05 pm »
Yes, the four large ones are walking round the cupboard, they will be climbing out in a couple of weeks I expect.  But there is more news ..... and its not the other white cat.

Last night, went to the caravan, and all the cats were there except the fluffy black and white one.  You can never tell if she is in kitten, as she is so long haired.  Shouted her, walked outside, and looked in the dark to see if her eyes were showing in my headtorch.  Went back in and she was in the caravan. Very odd, had not seen her go past, so where had she come from?

This morning, went in the caravan, and fed the cats, and lo and behold, out of the cupboard above the sink, emerged the fluffy cat!!  She must have stood on a shelf, pushed the door up with her nose and it fell shut, and then when she came out do the same.  Only one reason cat was in a cupboard.......yes, can see some little black and white bundles in the corner.  Doing better this time, last couple of times, she had them on the floor of the caravan, and could not care less.  After two weeks, she forgot she had kittens at all, and I reared one in the house, and he is still here.

just the white one to go now.  Not sure there is a spare cupboard though.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 05:42:32 pm »
ah bless, how lovely!! well snowball produced 5 black and white fluffballs this afternoon, I was there to see the last one come out. she's done a great job and is purring her head off!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 11:01:13 pm »
Well done, Snowball!!  And where exactly did she choose to have these kittens ....not your bed!!!

I have had a peep in the cupboard, and there are three black and white kittens.  Its an awfully small space, and once they start walking around, they will fall out.  I suppose she thought it was safe up there. I have propped the door slightly open, so she can get in and out easily.

Not sure what it is with my cats and cupboards. There are plenty of cushions, and cat beds in the caravan!!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 07:39:26 am »
rather surprisingly, she chose the nest box that I'd put in for her the day before (my cheese making kit arrived from Ascott and it was the perfect size and shape!!)

I arrived in time to see the last one born. she's been a really good mummy considering she's still so young herself. the children are besotted and friends are texting to pop round for a quiet peep later.

must be something very special about cupboards - perhaps its like the side room rather than the main ward on a maternity unit!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 02:12:29 pm »
Congratulations to all on the new arrivals!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 05:08:58 pm »
Betsy my tomcat (called him betsy before we realised he was a tom!) arrived down the lane from our other farm last night, for a look in the caravan. Unfortunately, a bit of a war started, as Tom and Lennie, who live here, were already at the caravan, believing they were the dad......I think Lennie won visiting rights, as he was in the caravan looking at the new arrivals .....he likes kittens.

Seriously, once the kittens arrive, the tom cats come.  They seem to know they have been born.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 06:24:28 pm »
That's really funny!! I don't think we better let this Tom back anywhere near snowball - he's a mean little dude!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 11:20:54 pm »
Little white cat has a belly bigger than her whole body .....she is waddling along.  Cannot go much longer I am sure.  Its hard keeping farm cats shut in, they like to be off hunting, and she has been out all day with the others.  Really need to keep her shut in, but it will be hard trying to stop her going out once she has had her breakfast.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS