Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 3 point link quick hitch ??  (Read 6563 times)

jbthecamel

• Joined Sep 2015
3 point link quick hitch ??
« on: September 27, 2015, 09:25:26 am »
Hello.  I am getting a little bored of changing implements on my kubota 2530.  I know they aren't the heaviest and they can be shunted around to help getting them on and off but the other day i had to take the topper on an off 3 times at about 10-50min each time. 

So i am looking at one of the quick hitch solutions which seem to be widely available throughout the world unless you live in the UK !!

In an ideal world i would like this:

cheap at $99 ( shipping prohibitively expensive)

Does anybody know if anybody in the UK sell them, or similar ?

Second choice would be these on the bottom links which if you believe what they say do not need you to modify the links by either cutting or welding:

Again shipping is prohibitively expensive.  Anybody seen these in the uk ?

OR

Any other solutions out there ??

Thanks

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
Re: 3 point link quick hitch ??
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 01:11:01 pm »
Try    Quick hitch A frame  .      TEAGLE is uk   like the  American DELTA

Deere

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Peak District
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 02:11:47 pm »
As shep has said try an A frame.

Another option is to find another set of lower link arms that already have the open cup type (like your bottom photo)  maybe ebay or similar. Then you can just replace the arm rather than have to adapt/weld anything.
Pedigree Ryelands, Charolais cross Mules

jbthecamel

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 04:21:48 pm »
Thanks. i don't like the A frame system as you have to weld a part to each implement.  Also i can't believe how uninformative the TEAGLE website is !!

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 07:52:54 pm »
Did you look at the LANDPRIDE quick hitch

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 08:58:44 pm »
Why do you need to keep swapping your topper on and off ?  Do all your topping in one go ?

I have no experience of quick hitch systems (but years of experience with tractors), but suspect as muted above, all will have draw backs of some kind,  mods needed to implements...changes to lengths of pto shafts, extra weight, extra leverage because things are set further back. Always one implement its not compatible with so you have to take it off from time to time.

To be honest even the most difficult of implements should take no more than 5 mins absolute tops to fit on a tractor that size with a traditional 3 point linkage, a topper is dead simple to fit....what are the difficulties you are having exactly which mean it has took you 50 mins ?

You mention in your posts you are new to tractors.  You might find with more practice you will speed up.  Are you following the correct procedure when attaching implements ?  I will try give you some pointers if you can give some more specifics on the issues you are having, as I'm sure will,others.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 12:25:39 pm by stufe35 »

jbthecamel

• Joined Sep 2015
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 08:34:14 am »
Thanks for your reply.  I guess the topper comes on a off on a regular basis is down to my short attention span, i can only top for so long before another job seems to be more important !!

Anyway, i am used to running excavators on a regular basis, i have a bucket hydraulic quick hitch on so i can change buckets without getting out of the cab, very convenient and a big time saver. I just can't understand why the equivalent for compact tractors is not available in the UK.

I note that somebody has kindly put a "how to" post on this forum for the correct procedure for connecting implements.  I was doing it right, with practice i'm sure i will get more proficient, but you still have to get on an off the tractor several times during the procedure.

Shep53 - the Land Pride quick hitch looks good, still have not managed to find one in the UK though

Thanks

stufe35

• Joined Jan 2013
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 08:08:14 pm »
Ah yes, and since the advent of quick hitches, buckets keep falling off excavators and killing the poor bloke in the trench.

Never mind though at least the excavator driver isn't inconvenienced by having to get out of his air conditioned cab to put a couple of pins in from time to time.

Never heard of an implement falling of a tractor,.....though likely it will have happened.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS