Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Signs of Spring  (Read 9357 times)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
Re: Signs of Spring
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 07:58:43 am »
Up at 5:30 but too much to do to sign on. Horse and pony still eating the hay but it is starting to green up. Best get the fertiliser ordered..

sandy

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2010, 03:18:34 pm »
 :gloomy: :gloomy:I thought we had a sign of spring with the daffodils comming up and us having a Bar B...but then,  :gloomy: :gloomy:I would love to see Steve in his shorts again, such a nice pair of legs!!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2010, 08:20:08 pm »
Sandy My old Dad alust sed" It's spring when a young mans fancy turns to what a young woman has been thinking about all winter" ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sandy

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2010, 08:48:02 pm »
 :love: :love:, mind you, all I think about in the winter is the fuel bill ;)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2010, 07:29:50 am »
Morning Sandy I have a dual fuel account with British Gas Winter Bill I was astounded taken aback short of breath oat else you can think of The  Gas was £100.57p bluddi L wots the Leckie going to be?Would you believe £80:00 exactly.I couldn't believe it.Not for the winter quarter.I over spent on the gas by 57p if you recall I said I did this that and the other to keep my gas bill below £100 nearly did it din't I.We have a nice gas fire in the room and cook with gas.We don't heat any thing but the Immersion and the kettle by electric.Unfortunately we have no AGA or similar to heat the water.We do miss it even now The kettle is always hot on ,on the AGA ready for action and stock pot soup on the top as well It used to get that thick the spoon stands up on its own Yum yum soup ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sandy

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2010, 12:35:12 pm »
our Gas and Electric was well into 4 figures!!!!!!!! Love to get a bill under £100 :D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2010, 01:43:34 pm »
PHEW What do you do Sandy If you don't mind everyone knowing That would frighten us to an early grave ??? ??? :wave: :farmer:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2010, 04:03:06 pm »
I pay by mandate every month - sometimes I'm in pocket, sometimes NPower is in pocket - works out even over the year, just over £100 per month gas and electric and I have my heating on all the time.  House is always warm.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2010, 09:55:09 pm »
Spring is here!

My new baby goat called Spring that is.

;)

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2010, 12:13:14 am »
My gas and electric is 200 quid per month.. I have a gas aga and this year I'm turning itvoff over the summer.. Thank god spring is here!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2010, 09:13:25 am »
Hey up you lasses gi ower you are frightening me and Kath to death :o ::) :farmer:

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2010, 09:41:22 pm »
When we moved in here, there was a Stanley Range fitted and it used an incredible amount of oil. After 1 year we stopped using it for cooking completely, and we had it taken out last year. It's probably nearly halved our heating bill.

Beth

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2010, 08:49:44 am »
Hello Beth I have heard of High Fuel  use by them from other people.Now I have no financial interest in Esse at all.One or two pals has had dual fuel (Coal products and wood burning) range cooker and water heating fitted and are very pleased with them They are called Ironheart and they look good to and you can see the fire unlike a AGA or Rayburn.Not nearly as expensive as AGA either.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS