Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Signs of Spring  (Read 9396 times)

sandy

Re: Signs of Spring
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 07:11:04 pm »
The increased need to mate ;D

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 08:50:27 pm »

Hope it is spring the sun has been shining here for most of the day so got the hayshed swept out and scattered the hay seed sweeping in the pig pen, reckon as I am not getting pigs till June it has a chance to recover (a bit anyway)
Anne

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 09:53:48 pm »
I'm not getting that feeling Sandy!! ;D ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 10:17:10 pm »
Nor me  ;)Been there, done that etc etc  Anyway, ignore her, she's been on the bevvy tonight.  You should see what she's putting on face book!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 10:44:49 pm »
Never mind spring;- a bottle of cheap cava generally does it for me!!!
kirsty

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 07:27:20 am »
Good morning all Sorry I am late on .No excuse to offer.According to Old Moores Almanac IT IS THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING TODAY.Vernal Equinox was yesterday so shine up them diggin tools and go.Palm Sunday and Bluddi Silly Time starts next Sunday Hev yer made yer Easter Eggs ?
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 09:52:47 am »
The trees on the gorge that we overlook have magically started greening up  :D

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 10:33:11 am »

I can see a flush of green in the horses field and after their breakfast this morning they ignored the fresh hay and went off to graze Yipee!!
Anne

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 10:58:06 am »
I've come in for a sit down I'm puffed I dare bet I've done to much and the sats are down in the 70's I've pressure washed some of my spray drums out and set a second lot of early Duke of Yorks I cannot find any Lady Crystl in the Gy garden Centers so I'll use the new Accord and try followed by some Kestrel I don't do main crop I scrounge a couple of bags as and when Off back now feel better :D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 11:44:56 am »
Just noticed this morning that the climbers along my front fence have started to sprout.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SuzyJ

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Bulgaria
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 01:47:38 pm »
Spring has arrived here in Bulgaria, the turkeys are laying, grass is growing, my peony roses are starting to appear again and I'm starting to get a tan already!
British Expat trying to live a better life in Bulgaria

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 03:39:25 pm »
Now Annie love.Can you remember Turtie Olaf.He featured with Hagar the orrible and Snert with Eddie in a very low level comic strip in a national tabloid?

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 08:51:32 pm »
Its definitely, I have my first morris dancing practice ready for May Day.  I hasten to add its not the hanky waving morris.  A couple of years ago I was a Dalek!  This year the theme is the Football world Cup.

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 10:48:31 pm »
Ponies were glad of theyre hay on the headland this afternoon, so we not quite there yet up there. 

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 05:41:14 am »
Hello you lasses Oh aye its here all right. It Pi**ed and rained all night and much of the day to.Since I was late on parade yesterday I thought I'd better show will this morning 4:55am when I came down.So who is about at this time of day before they go to work? ;D :wave: :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS