Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Homeless ......  (Read 6040 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Homeless ......
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 10:08:20 pm »
I am overwhelmed by everyone's kindness - thank you!!!

We have a few friends with stables, and also outbuildings, all have said they will try and help with the dogs if need be.  I am hoping it will not come to that, and we can find somewhere to rent with a stable maybe .....  The big GSD used to live in our cellar at the old hosue, and he loved his own little room, so even a cellar would suit him!!!

We have been looking at properties for sale today, and its amazing that in some areas, houses with land are half what they are here.  I am afraid the TB has unsettled me, and I doubt I would want to stay here now.  I would worry all the time about TB tests etc.

Not got a date yet for the auction, but I reckon it could be June.  My brother will put a high reserve on it, so there is the strong possibility it may not sell .....but of course, someone from the town who just wants a house and to keep a couple of horses, may not mind the TB.

We will have to wait and see .....in the meantime I will keep an eye out for suitable properties.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 11:37:43 am »

Hope thing work out Ok for you Roxy, at least wherever you go it will all be your own, it is just so sad when families fall out.
Anne

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2010, 11:47:23 am »
Roxy please imagine a bunch of flowers smiley here.     (Dan what about a nice bunch of flowers?  p l e  a s  e)

sandy

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2010, 12:31:48 pm »
Just catching up on posts,  what a shock :o!!! My motto is home is where the heart is, not the bricks and morter...you will find the solution in time, I would hate to be in your position...keep us posted! :bouquet:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2010, 04:11:30 pm »
Here you are, Roxy, all I could find on my computer, a bunch of yellow tulips, and a bouquet that Dan has provided fro us too  :bouquet:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2010, 10:18:24 pm »
Thank you - what lovely flowers :D

lara

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 09:50:01 pm »
Hi Roxy ,good luck and hope eveything works out well for you.  every cloud...... and all that

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 08:11:18 am »
I've just caught up with this post. I'm so sorry to hear that your situation has come to this Roxy. I'm with Annie though I know your mom is elderly but I'm sure she would want to know and would box your brothers ears.. I know I would. I'm in N W Leicestershire which isn't so very far from you. If there is anything I can do to help let me know. I have space for ponies if they can live out.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 10:52:19 am »
Thats so sad to hear.

Is your name on the deeds too?---

If it is the only person who can make you move out is the courts through legal action by your brother and presumably he has left you in the house which will give you better rights until the property is sold.

I think he is being so unfair considering your situation with your animals.

I sincerely hope you can find a satisfying resolution to your situation.

Ta

Baz

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 11:53:55 am »
Wow, this takes me back...

We went through the same thing in the 70's when my aunt wanted her money out of our two farms.

Broke my dad's heart having to sell & he passed away 4 years ago without speaking to her again.

Times may change, but people don't, specially when it involves cash.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS