Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Personalised Number Plates  (Read 12423 times)

SuzyJ

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Bulgaria
    • My Personal Blog
Re: Personalised Number Plates
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2010, 11:38:45 am »
In the past I had a personalised plate but it was bought as a present and to be honest I was never bothered about it.

I also inherited one owned by my father and was advised to sell it, no one wanted to buy it and as it was due for renewal we let it go. When we moved to Bulgaria I sold my dar with personalised plate as it wouldn't have been any use to us here and wasn't worth as much as it would have cost to put it on retention!
British Expat trying to live a better life in Bulgaria

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 11:46:52 am »
We have a jinxed car - it's a Focus Cmax and there is always something wrong with it - be it mechanical, electrical or jsut something annoying like some twat scratching the door, the typre pressure is a low just now - but i had a spell of getting a nail in the tyre every 2 weeks for about 3 months so had to get it repaired

thankfully nothing MAJOR - but it's always got some nuance that gets on my goat.

So, the future Mrs SB is getting a new car as a wedding present. Shhhhhhhhh! Now, I was unaware that i had to get the future Mrs SB a wedding present. I know people will want to get US something, but i thought the marriage itself would be enough - but NO, i've to get her a present too.

So, as we have a jinxed car and it irritates me so, and as we are planning for a houseful of sprogs once we are no longer living in sin I'm in the process of looking for a new car - it'll be a Toyota Verso.

I'm also going to get a personalised plate - CR55 KAS (Chris and Karen - kas is her nickname) is available for a couple of hundred. So if I can engineer getting the car delivered to nairn on the day of the wedding with the new plates on it, i think that'll tick the "wedding present" box.

thoughts?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2010, 11:56:17 am »
Wouldn't you think a lifetime with you would be all a girl could want?  ;D

Yes it is traditional for the bride and groom to exchange gifts. I think the number plate is a lovely idea.

Can we watch you gift wrap the Verso?

sandy

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 12:08:01 pm »
Arrrrrrrh :love:

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2010, 12:44:41 pm »
Wouldn't you think a lifetime with you would be all a girl could want?  ;D

Yes it is traditional for the bride and groom to exchange gifts. I think the number plate is a lovely idea.

Can we watch you gift wrap the Verso?

if i can organise it, it'll all be streamers and tin cans with "JUST MARRIED" sprayed all over it!!

Though, if I do that - she can't get it until we are married - so she'll spend the day thinking i've got her nothing - and i'll be in the bad books.

i suppose I can just give her the keys nd she'll see it the next day.

But you are right Rosemary, she should be happy with what she is getting and not wanting any trinkets to go along with the eternity of blissful happiness I shall bestow upon her.

ungrateful sow that she is!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2010, 12:57:47 pm »
Chris, if she uses your computer she'll know! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  I think it's a lovely present, and anyway, quite often they are exchanged after the ceremony so she wouldn't necessarily think you hadn't got her anything. ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Mickyork

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Yeadingham, North Yorkshire
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2010, 01:54:32 pm »
I have a personal plate & I drive a white van  :)  that's 2 things for people to judge me on ha ha ha   My plate's M11 KRR  I also have a couple more on retention which I picked up at auction for the right price. I bought them as an investment to be left to my kids as they will only go up in value.
It don't make me a t**t or a w*****r     I had money when I bought them but The ex wife has all the dosh now so I won't be buying any more  ;D
Live for today. Tomorrow never comes

Daveravey

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Fife
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2010, 01:59:58 pm »
Talking about private plates, i seen a cracker the other week in Leven.

The guy must be called Norrie or Norman as the plate read W33 NOR

Work it out folks ... :D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2010, 03:33:05 pm »
A  good one from yesteryear was on Phill's Maserati Indy it was UPU 5 the and the kids
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Jakebob

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Stirling
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2010, 09:22:05 pm »
O well, hey ho.....I must be a w*****ess!! as Im female and I have a personalised number plate and Im from beside Aberdeen!!  :P
Och well we cant all be perfect I suppose! It takes all sorts to make the world go round! Lol.... personally it wasn't my choice, when I went to pick up my new car from the gargage it already had the number plate on it and I said thats not my car its a brand new car I have bought and the man said you had better believe its your car with a personalised number plate!!  ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2010, 09:24:02 pm »
Female????? JAKEBOB??????  Female?????  well I never! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Jakebob

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Stirling
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2010, 09:29:35 pm »
Lol.....!! U just never know  :wave:  dont be fooled or confused I am female!! Lol..

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2010, 09:53:32 pm »
Lol @ Jakebob and Annie!

Have to say when we bought Alex's car, we initially walked straight past it at the dealer's because it didn't have a price on, and had a personalised numberplate, which meant we didn't know how old it was. It looked too new and shiny to be in our price range, and when we went home and looked at their website, we couldn't believe we hadn't seen it. So we went back down and bought it! We didn't get the personalised numberplate though- the previous owner wanted it.

Beth

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2010, 09:57:30 pm »
I don't... but my husband has private plates. So when I park up  'JMP' sits on the fiesta!
He'd love 'MU51C' but that was alot more ££s!
Little Blue

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 10:31:32 pm »

Mrs Womble has a private plate on her car, that was given to her as an 18th birthday present. It was a while before she could afford a car to stick it on though!  ;D

One big advantage though - her car is 12 years old now, and being a VW, the design hasn't dated all that much (they've hardly changed Polos in the past 10 years, except perhaps the headlights!). An unexpected benefit, but having a private plate means that it doesn't feel like such old car for some reason!!
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS