Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Personalised Number Plates  (Read 12420 times)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
Re: Personalised Number Plates
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 12:18:40 pm »
OOOHHH heck Annie thats let the cat out the bag If I go to Killinglolme or there abouts am scurd I really am mind you I haven't tode yer The fresh numbers if I go past to Thornton to see Bill Spinks I shall be watching behind  ;D ;D :farmer: :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 01:04:27 pm »
I have a lotus elise parked up in my garage - have not had it out for over two years as it just does not suit my lifestyle.  I also impulse bought a reg for it 'BAZ 73' a few years back.

Personally I do feel like a twat when I drive it - hence its been parked up for so long!! (must get round to MOTing it and flogging it at some point!!)

Ta

Baz

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 01:33:46 pm »

I don't have one but only cause I have never found one that suited me that I could afford.Hubby has K60 SEA which he is very proud of bein a seaman.
Anne

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 04:05:10 pm »
Dan would love a Lotus Elise.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 04:49:55 pm »
Hey up Dan in custard yellow vrrrum ;D :wave: :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

pedigree porker

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 08:08:33 pm »
A yellow car???? That's worse than a personalised number plate??????  :P

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 08:12:09 pm »
Lotus yellow is nice though ;)

Ta

Baz

pedigree porker

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 08:13:58 pm »
Well at least you won't lose it in car park????

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 09:39:17 pm »
I would like a pink car
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 10:10:40 pm »
Alex would love a Lotus as well.

Its interesting reading people's thoughts on the subject. You always see some great personalised numberplates at the Royal Highland Show- someone has SHEEP (I can't remember how is actually typed now), another one is TUP, and I'm sure there's one that says T3XEL.

It maybe comes down to the type of person you are whether it comes over as you're being pretensious. I had an old boss who had one, and he only had his to show off.

Beth

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 10:32:47 pm »
Well, we have two personalised plates in our house.  But we only have one vehicle now, and the number plate is too new to put on it, so they are just on retention!!

I am not bothered about number plates, but for some reason my OH got them both with my intitials on.  We have LI MTM, which people always read as LIMIT and L9 MTM.  My personal choice would be the name of one of my horses, but as they are girls names, it would be expensive I suppose.  MOLL POLL OLI  etc.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 11:05:36 pm »
If I ever win the lottery I'm going to pursue

ANN 1E  or any combination thereof
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 07:56:17 am »
Tell you what Annie if you win the roll over I would think the owner will let you have it ;D ;D ;D I am neither for or against but I said to a farming friend I wouldn't mind my Reg Plate G6YAT daft sod you George thats an open invite to all miscreants theres bits in here worth stealing.I hadn't looked at it like that Its like having a unusual colour ."Hey up Annie what was you doin in Old Oak Wood night afore last?" :D :D ;D :farmer:

cmorrell

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Kirkintilloch, NE of Glasgow
    • Calum Morrell Photography
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2010, 09:38:38 am »
Hmm let's see. If buying a personalised number plate made you a w***** (I wonder what that could be, I'm an innocent, honest), then so would choosing the make and model of car in the first place, the colour, the upholstery, the massive spoiler sitting high above the car and the clothing you wore to buy the car. Well, that second last one...

It's just one more choice of personal style, no different to any other item you choose to buy. After all, why should everything be the same? I've spotted an amusing private license plate and been cheered a little by it, not necessarily for the reason the owner would have hoped but that's their problem  ;D For those of you who claim you don't care as a car is an essential transport item ... that still has an influence on the type and style of car you choose to buy!

I wonder if T05 5ER is available.

sandy

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 09:58:56 am »
Hi Callum, not noticed you around for a while but I totaly agree, I am definatley one that runs with the crowd ::)After reading these posts I have enquired as to how muchmy Camper Reg is, I will let you know as we could make a bit of money out of it, I too have to smile at some of the number plates, all good fun. :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS