Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Personalised Number Plates  (Read 12419 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Personalised Number Plates
« on: March 14, 2010, 09:53:31 pm »
Are people who have personalised number plates simply w******, or is having a personalised number plate just an enjoyable extension to your car's personality or to your own personality/business/hobby?

Please discuss!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Personalised Number Plates
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:59:33 pm »
My brother in law has one and he's not a w*nker. However, I can't imagine having enough spare cash to buy one myself. Although if TAS 1 came up cheap, I might be tempted.  ;D

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 10:11:25 pm »
Personally I see cars are a necessary evil so when I see a car with a personalised plate, it might as well say look at me I'm a tw*t ::). If you ever go to Aberdeen they all have them ???

sandy

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 10:24:20 pm »
I would love one!! My first car was RAY and my ex was Ray, we should have kept it...If I had one it would be something a bit risky!! maybe rude!! Our camper van has a good number plate that we could sell...forgot it at the mo but nothing wrong with wanting to be different, showing your personality etc...my objection is those who look down on others who do NOT follow trends!!!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 07:25:50 am »
I would like to be able to afford a car that had enough value in it to make it worth having a personal number plate on

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 08:38:19 am »
I think that would be nice Rosemary or even TAS 2.I looked and all combinations of TAS has been sold ??? :wave:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

pedigree porker

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 08:43:38 am »
It would make it easier to remember you registration and find your car in a car park!!! Nothing more embarrassing than trying to remember your number when asked by the garage or RAC? ?    :P

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 08:44:05 am »
An aquaintance of mine bought a Skoda new, and the registration was S61 RLS - or S 61RLS which has been on the bus in the Spice Girls movie (this was a few years ago). I think it was worth as much as the car and I'm pretty sure he sold it.

I have to confess that one of my "sitting in traffic" games is to make words from numberplates on cars around me.

I must confess I'd quite like ROS 1E or RAC something but I doubt if they would come up at a price I coudl afford.

Like HM, the plate woudl be worth more than the car. In fact, my CD player is probably worth more than the car!!

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 08:55:21 am »
I have a personalised number. I hope you don't think I'm a W****r. i always said I hated them, but my wife bought me one as a surprise and had it fitted to my new car before I took delivery( 3 cars ago) and I have got used to it. No one knows where you are from, or if your car is new or old. it is easier to find and it annoys the hell out of tiny minded individuals who worry about such things. I think blackened windows are a far worse crime against humanity, and driving round with your fog lights on all the time.

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 09:26:23 am »
Id love a personalised number plate. But the ones I have looked at are soo expensive. And I like blackened windows lol

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 10:09:57 am »
I have a black 4 x 4, with personalised plates, if I had the dark windows too It would look like a gangster or footbalers car. How disappointed people would be when a scruffy chap like me got out. My 8 year old played football at a posh school on saturday, which was like a stately home, mine was the only 4 x 4 with muck and without dark windows. I bet none of the others have ever had pigs in the back of theirs. But each to their own, I wish I had some of their refinement and money. ( only dad heckling the ref and bellowing encouragement to both sides just to avoid a match of throw ins,goal kicks and no goals)

sandy

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 10:32:03 am »
I have owned VW camper vans for years now, the currently one used to look good but is in need of a paint job now, anyway, I took my partner and my daughter out for lunch to a near by posh pub, the car park was full of some very expensive cars and I parked the Barbie Pink 1971 scruffy VW in with them only to come out with our drinks and see a load of posh young lads coooing over it!!!!, that number plate included FLE at the end, my current one is FLU, funny, this is the first car that had doubled in value since buying it and I bet I could sell the number plate!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 11:08:00 am »
Ok, so I'm a tw*t and a w*****r am I!!! ;) ;)  My number plate that I bought with my new Volvo cost me £400 at the time the year my Mum died and left me the money with insructions to do just that - it was M50 ANY(Her and my names 'Annie')  However, when John died I sold the Volvo, left the plate, and kept his 4 x 4 as it was more useful in the Aberdeenshire weather (oh yes that's another reason I have one, isn't it - I'm an Aberdonian ;D)  The number plate on that just happened to match my surname so I transferred it across to my present car - so if you ever see K21 MAS behind you - watch out"!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's ME!!!!!!!!![
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 11:30:49 am »
:wave:

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 11:34:00 am »
I must be all of the above too!   :) :)  Mine goes back to the days when we used to have some money .....a long time ago!    Maybe I should sell them .....I wonder how many pig arcs it would get me???? 
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS