Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: herbal/chemical  (Read 13731 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: herbal/chemical
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 10:33:32 pm »
I contacted Sheila Little through the BT male register, also Nancy Buglass had mentioned her as a possible match for Skyee. Her goats were lovely, and she keeps them all in a big group. I wish I had that amount of space...

I got Skyee after seeing her at Border Union show, Nancy was keen to sell the last few of her goats, and she was well bred up, so should have lots of milk.

There are quite a few Muircock goats around, and they do pop up in older records etc. I don't know much about the history though. I hope that once the BGS gets their new system up and running it becomes much easier to search pedigrees and histories of the prefixes.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 10:38:20 pm »
I contacted Sheila Little through the BT male register, also Nancy Buglass had mentioned her as a possible match for Skyee. Her goats were lovely, and she keeps them all in a big group. I wish I had that amount of space...

I got Skyee after seeing her at Border Union show, Nancy was keen to sell the last few of her goats, and she was well bred up, so should have lots of milk.

There are quite a few Muircock goats around, and they do pop up in older records etc. I don't know much about the history though. I hope that once the BGS gets their new system up and running it becomes much easier to search pedigrees and histories of the prefixes.

The 2 GG's I got last year are "Muircock" from Anne Dickinson.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 10:45:27 pm »
I didn't realise yours were Muircock as well James- what a small world it is!

We must have crossed paths quite closely Anke, we were at the Border Union too, although we didn't have many goats there as some of our entries got lost in the post, and the show wouldn't let us bring those goats despite BGS rules which state we should have been allowed to compete. We ended up only showing my two neices goatlings, which was a shame when their weren't that many goats there. In fact it was at the Border Union that Alex and Nancy discussed him buying Sheni.

Beth

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 09:23:26 am »
beth have you heared this quize that roxy is setting up, to test my knowledge
on goat keeping?
i did say i was up for it!  wat do you think maybe between the two of you ye
could set it up.
multiple choice makes easier for all of us.
looking forward to it. ;)
Langdon ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 09:31:50 am »
we were at the Border Union too, although we didn't have many goats there as some of our entries got lost in the post, and the show wouldn't let us bring those goats despite BGS rules which state we should have been allowed to compete.
Beth

In dog shows if you have 'proof of posting' from the Post Office then you must be allowed to compete.  KC rules.  But you can't just walk in, you have to look at the catalogue when you arrive and if your entry isn't there you go to the show secretary with your proof of posting and she gives you a slip for the ring steward.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2010, 09:37:00 am »
only kidding(do you get it, kidding - goat) ;D
Langdon ;)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 05:51:53 pm »
has that meeting been yet?
id like to know how much ive learnt!
come on crack on with it
Langdon ;)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2010, 06:12:25 pm »
we were at the Border Union too, although we didn't have many goats there as some of our entries got lost in the post, and the show wouldn't let us bring those goats despite BGS rules which state we should have been allowed to compete.
Beth

In dog shows if you have 'proof of posting' from the Post Office then you must be allowed to compete.  KC rules.  But you can't just walk in, you have to look at the catalogue when you arrive and if your entry isn't there you go to the show secretary with your proof of posting and she gives you a slip for the ring steward.

The British Goat Society rules are similar, it says if you have submitted entries and they haven't been received you should be allowed to compete. But the Border Union is run by the agricultural society, and they have their own rules and regulations. We realised our entries hadn't been recieved about the Tuesday before as we suddenly realised we hadn't got any entry tickets but my sister had got hers. Our goat convener, Diana also spoke to the show, but they refused to let us bring them. Diana was absolutely furious therefore when on the Saturday at the show, she watched a exhibit in the cattle being awarded 1st prize, when it's entry hadn't been recieved either. But, it's a lovely show, and the organisers do put on a lot for us given the smallish entries we get, so it's not worth complaining too much about it.

Beth

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2010, 08:57:26 pm »
Yes the Border Union show is really nice, they have everything (except pigs) and I will try and show the GG goatling and possibly kids (if  get any girls) there. Can't really not do it - its less than 20 minutes drive from my house....

These last two years  have been mainly watching the Shetland sheep judging (but didnt bring any of mine down yet), but its usually right next to the goat tent.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2010, 09:18:49 am »
Put me out me misery Anke how do I say it as in ankie (snot rag) bluddi peasant arnt I :farmer:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 09:21:02 am by Wizard »
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2010, 08:38:05 pm »
Yes that would be close enough! Never did my parents think that when they gave me that name that it would cause quite a lot of questions of how to pronounce, as at that time getting out of East Germany wasnt really an option! But have been in UK since 1991, so must like it then...

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2010, 08:15:00 am »
Thank you Anke  its nice to know.My other problem is knowing if a name is a boy or a girl ask hermit ;D ;D So pleased you like it here it must be a good place so many want to come :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS