Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: herbal/chemical  (Read 13701 times)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: herbal/chemical
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2010, 06:55:09 pm »
To be fair Roxy, my mum's reaction was to call my dad an idiot and that it served him right for not walking round the goat! I think scratches and bruises come with being a smallholder/farmer though!

Beth

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 09:22:54 am »
roxy forgive for my ignorance but what do you mean by the
term entire ???
Langdon ;)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 10:23:54 am »
Shall I tell him Roxy.The thing I am wondering is do you know what I am on about if I say the Entire is coming in the morning? :) :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 11:21:12 am »
Sorry Langdon, with having an entire horse (stallion)  I used that term, when in fact, in the goat world its intact, as in not castrated!!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 11:26:47 am »
Aw Roxy you've spoit my intended fun Am off to have a sulk now ;D ;D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 11:59:49 am »
sorry Wizard!!  I did not want poor Langdon scanning his goat book frantically looking to see if it mentioned the word entire!!  I tell you what, Langdon will be more knowledgeable than all of us, if he has managed to digest all the  answers on goats we have given him.  Perhaps we ought to set a little test to see how muc hhe has learnt about goats so far  ;D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 05:21:54 pm »
Good idea Roxy how long shall we allow him and hes not having a multiple choice sheet either ;D ;D :farmer:

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 06:50:41 pm »
BRING IT ON ;)
NO ESSAYS THO, WOULD APPRECIATE SOME MULTIPLIE CHOICE QUESTIONS IT WILL TAKE ME
AGES TO TYPE!
AAAHH IS THIS A HINT THAT IM ON ERE TO MUCH AND YOU GUYS WANA GET RID OF ME? MMMMMM ;)
Langdon ;)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 10:17:40 pm »
No ....of course we don't want to get rid of you!!  We just want to make sure that we have been good teachers, thats all ;D

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2010, 10:19:42 pm »
Langdon WE are the people not the champions but we intend you to be a champion in the goat world :D :farmer:

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 12:14:25 pm »
when do i start my training? ;D :goat:
Langdon ;)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 12:33:35 pm »
Soon as possible Langdon after I have convened a meet with the big 4  ;D ;D ;D :farmer:

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 03:58:45 pm »
lol i'll be waiting! ;)
 :goat:
Langdon ;)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 10:07:28 pm »
Beth,  have two GGs, one in kid the other one is last years kid, and have also a BT type goatling. If she has female offspring I can register them in BT section, someone else has bred her up so far.

My GGs have come from Muircock flock in Cumbria and the BT girl is Balafark Skyee, she has been mated to Lochinvar Inverghost. Not sure about showing them, plan is maybe the young stock.

Trying to initially keep the GG pure bred, but quite keen to grade up to BGs, might as well start early as it will take a few years...

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 10:23:17 pm »
Oh lovely. I think the Muircock herd was started by Chris Bennett who lived up here, as I recall when she gave up she let the person who got the goats have her prefix too. We borrowed a lovely goat of hers for a few months for milk in the winter. We have a Balafark girl as well, my boyfriend bought one of Nancy's kids last year. I take it you know Sheila as well then if you used Inverghost?

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS