Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Last minute Covenant grrrrrrrrrrr  (Read 21047 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Last minute Covenant grrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 09:29:38 am »
In that case you must talk to your lawyer.  He's teh one to sort it out to your benefit.  Don't talk to the sellers direst - NOT AT ALL!  Until legal agreement has been reached then you can tyalk to them
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 09:41:46 am »
If the seller added this clause way into the proceedings then it sounds to me they didn't know about ir before, its probably their solicitor advising them to add it, or someone else thats been down the same route. Not all clauses are unreasonable, you need to know exactly whats involved before you part with your cash!
We sold a small piece of land to a neighbour, to enable them to have better access and parking to their property, we were fairly friendly with them and agreed an amount, then each instructed our solicitors. Ours advised us to retain the frontage of the land, so that in the event of them selling it for development we still had an 'interest', we decided not to as we were happy with the price, and thought it unfair to our neighbours who only wanted extra parking and as far as we knew were there for life!
2 years later they moved without word to us, the new people put in planning to build a 2 storey eyesore with basement on that land! which is agricultural. (we are in a small rural area of 4 bungalows)  Needless to say we objected and it was refused! We're now 'watching this space' as they will no doubt get planning for change of use to extend their domestic curtilage, and then go in for planning again ::) different story I know but thought it may be relevant!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 09:52:12 am »
Dangermouse I know its not funny your problem but this may make you chortle.St Peter answers the bell and at the Pearly Gates.There is 40 Pikeys fully equipped .Don't know if I can let you all in at once I'll have to ask Goes into the Gate house and rings up" Ive got 40 Pikeys want to come in What shall I do"."We cannot manage them all at once let 20 in OK" So St Peter went back to tell them then went back to the phone "What" "They've gone" "What all of them" " NO the Pearly Gates"
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 09:54:52 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 05:33:41 pm »
Dangermouse I know its not funny your problem but this may make you chortle.St Peter answers the bell and at the Pearly Gates.There is 40 Pikeys fully equipped .Don't know if I can let you all in at once I'll have to ask Goes into the Gate house and rings up" Ive got 40 Pikeys want to come in What shall I do"."We cannot manage them all at once let 20 in OK" So St Peter went back to tell them then went back to the phone "What" "They've gone" "What all of them" " NO the Pearly Gates"

Nice one Wizard........ ;D

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 05:39:13 pm »
Well its looking like this covenant is way too restrictive to me

No Pigs
No Poultry
No Buildings (at all)

and

50% of any future profit if the land is developed in any way once you sell (how you can develop the land with that many restrictions Im not sure)

So if I buy I can keep a horse on it...... ;D

Looks like Im back on the search (Ive been looking already for 2 years.)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2010, 05:42:31 pm »
Thats crap news mate but better to find out before it was too late. Good luck with the search, I know you will be deflated just now but keep on looking.

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2010, 05:44:18 pm »
Thats crap news mate but better to find out before it was too late. Good luck with the search, I know you will be deflated just now but keep on looking.

Cheers mate, your right though better to find out now rather than later

SuzyJ

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Bulgaria
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2010, 05:46:03 pm »
sorry to hear of your bad news. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you'll find your perfect place soon.
British Expat trying to live a better life in Bulgaria

Pigtails

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Scotland
    • 29brawl
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 06:05:33 pm »
The people Im buying my land off have just slapped a last minute covenant on it.....

If I develop or build on the land I have to give them 50% of the value if I sell it.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ah now,
this is what is known as landowner greed! in other words, they cannot see green cheese going passed them, making you think twice before investing in what you thought was your future! underhand and well known tactic in Scotland,
Pigtails

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 06:06:53 pm »
Bad luck DM  :( Still better know now, like James said. Better luck next time  :hshoe:

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2010, 06:11:15 pm »
thanks everyone,Im sure ill find someware in the end 

let me know if you hear of anything  ;D ;D

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2010, 06:25:47 pm »
Just plain greedy on the sellers part, however it is normal around here to put a non-development covenent on land sold. We have one on our land, we can build stables etc but a definite no no to housing. 
a neighbour wanted to put a house on 3 acres he owns and the local parish council were up in arms against it, so he threatened that if he did not get the planning to build his own family home he would be selling the land to gyppos / pikies what ever you want to call them,  parish council did a quick about turn and backed his planning application immediatly. so gyppos/ pikies do have their uses if only to use them as a threat!!!!!
 :D
juliag

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2010, 06:33:44 pm »
Crikey good job you found out before its too late! Call their bluff, back out and tell'em you'll pay £14k an acre if they play by your rules!!

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2010, 06:49:39 pm »
I really dont have any intention to build a house on the land (no way I can afford it anyway)

But I do need some agricultural buildings, some for the goats and some for my mice (they probably wont be happy when they find out about the wee rodents anyway)  ;D

So the no building with in 60 feet of the boundary is the worse one for me

Maybe ill try the pikey trick (or just become a pikey myself)  ;D ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS