Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Last minute Covenant grrrrrrrrrrr  (Read 21042 times)

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Last minute Covenant grrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2010, 06:21:29 am »
As a hard headed property developer (now Ive retired from nursing) I would suggest you get this covenant removed as you never know what will happen in the future and 21 years is a bl**dy long time!

If theyve already backed, down push it more and ask for it to be removed. Full stop!

The pig and poultry covenant was put on buy the people who sold the land to the people Im buying from (if that makes sence?)

So its going to be very hard to get that one removed, the covenant regarding the profit from development was put on by the people Im buying off and that one has been removed.

The neighbouring property also has some class 3 agricultural land adjoining mine and they have just had the planning permission to change the land to residential (with no problems at all)

So Im thinking if I had the money I could probably build a house on the land if I really wanted to?

Pity I just cant afford to....... :(

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2010, 12:23:51 pm »
But if you could you'd double your money when you sold it!  I did.  Built for £150K sold for £310K less than 2 years later
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2010, 12:36:49 pm »
But if you could you'd double your money when you sold it!  I did.  Built for £150K sold for £310K less than 2 years later

Nice one, now thats the way to do it

Well Done

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2010, 01:59:47 pm »
DM.Said Mr Punch :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2010, 07:36:10 pm »
Dangermouse it cost very little to get either outlined planning permision or detailed planning permision so you sell the land with that.  ;)
Planning permision is valid for 5 years.

You make a profit the new owners get the expense of building.

Oh and get the plans for a four bed house they sell better with land. (Goes with the horses I supose lol)

Or you trace the previous owners and get them to remove the covenant (they are more likely to do this as you are 1 owner further on and do it soon or they could die then you are stuck!) then register the land as a smallholding and sell along with the house plans and you have a profit I would envy!  ;D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:41:44 pm by Jackie »

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2010, 08:10:52 pm »
Dangermouse it cost very little to get either outlined planning permision or detailed planning permision so you sell the land with that.  ;)
Planning permision is valid for 5 years.

You make a profit the new owners get the expense of building.

Oh and get the plans for a four bed house they sell better with land. (Goes with the horses I supose lol)

Or you trace the previous owners and get them to remove the covenant (they are more likely to do this as you are 1 owner further on and do it soon or they could die then you are stuck!) then register the land as a smallholding and sell along with the house plans and you have a profit I would envy!  ;D

I guess thats worth looking into, its took me so long to find some though I wont want to sel it  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2010, 08:23:30 pm »
I guess thats worth looking into, its took me so long to find some though I wont want to sel it  ;D

But you never know what may change ::)  I never expected to be living in Central Scotland.  I'd never lived out of Aberdeenshire since I was born.  Twice widowed due to accidents and here I am, nearer my kids and grandkids, and with LOADS of new friends - but a lot less land.  Most of that profit I made had to be put back into buying a house down here as it's more expensive.  So don't clsoe your mind to adding value to your land and moving to something else - maybe even bigger, maybe just better - who knows? ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2010, 09:04:30 pm »
Ok dangermouse you have 5 years from the date of the planning permission being granted and to hold it for longer after that you have to dig a trench (pretend footings) so it looks like you have started to build and that will hold it until you are ready to sell.

How would you like say 5 times what you paid for the land? Would that get you something really, really good elsewhere?

Thats the sort of cash you would be looking at.  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2010, 10:55:42 pm »
Mine was a helluva lot more than that - I only paid £1600 for my plot - our land surrounded it so wasn't any use to anyone else so we got it cheap! ;D ;D ;D

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2010, 03:15:05 am »
Yes but Annie you are a 'canny scot'  ;D

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2010, 06:26:08 am »
Mine was a helluva lot more than that - I only paid £1600 for my plot - our land surrounded it so wasn't any use to anyone else so we got it cheap! ;D ;D ;D

You may have to be my planning and business advisor  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2010, 02:31:23 pm »
And a retired accountant but I try to hide that ;) ;) ;)

Dangermouse

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2010, 02:43:13 pm »
And a retired accountant but I try to hide that ;) ;) ;)

Your hired  ;D ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS