Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Only the crumbliest, flakiest plastic cheese...  (Read 5646 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Only the crumbliest, flakiest plastic cheese...
« on: January 19, 2010, 07:40:35 pm »
So the Cadbury board are recommending selling out to an American company that makes plastic cheese; jobs will be lost. I'm sure the board will do very nicely out of it, thanks you, and sod everyone else. Makes me sick. Still, a boycott will help my diet no end.

Corus, Indian owned, are closing its works in Teeside. 1700 will lose their jobs, despite a full order book. I wonder how many jobs are going in India. I bet it's a round number.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Only the crumbliest, flakiest plastic cheese...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 09:03:30 pm »
Typical -  buy a good UK company, sack all it's employees, take the assets, then close it down!  Bye bye cadbury's, it'll help my diet too!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 09:18:28 pm »
what you don't fancy american choc. its nasty stuff if you have never tried it.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 11:32:49 pm »
It's tragic, and Bournville too. The chocolate of my childhood- I could only eat Bournville as my cow's milk allergy was worse then.

:(

sandy

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 08:04:37 am »
Sad day, Cadbury is such good quality chocolate  :PI watched it on TV and even the name makes you crave chocolate, I had a job getting to sleep after as I had a major diet day and so I go up and had some Go Ahead so I did!!!! Is there any British companies left???

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 09:55:57 am »
Typical -  buy a good UK company, sack all it's employees, take the assets, then close it down!  Bye bye cadbury's, it'll help my diet too!

A while back Cadburys bought another British well known chocolate making company, can't remember the name now. The company they bought was very profitable and had recently built a state of the art factory. Cadbury closed down the factory, paid off all the staff and moved the production to Poland!!!! Cadbury are not squeeky clean, do make good Wispa Bars though!!!! :D

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 09:57:32 am »
No wonder there are no jobs in this country, they have all gone abroad. so much for the government looking after us. Just about money, money money and the rest of us can go to heck. I shall never buy American chocolate  >:(

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 10:55:37 am »
Sounds like I need to make a trip to the Cadburys outlet store in Bideford to stock up on Fruit and Nut!   :) :) :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 12:37:15 pm »
We used to have so many good things produced in this country.  For many years I worked for a company selling Leyland Trucks - a great British company.  It was a sad day when  they sold out to DAF.  We had steel works, coal mines, etc.  sadly no longer with us.

My friends daughter was doing a project on British industry, and she had to pick one to write about.  Her mum and I struggled to come up with something, although we did suggest Cadburys. 

Its very worrying that for a small island we are losing our major sources of employment.  At the rate places are closing, there will be a struggle for people to find work.

scattybiker1972

• Joined Dec 2009
  • wirral
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 06:13:35 pm »
im self employed and havnt had much work on so being a bit skint went the dole with n0 1 son who has  lost his job too.
now i pay a fair bit of n.i twice a year as well as quarterly .as i am sure a  quite few of you do too.
it means nothing.because im self employed i havnt paid enough stamp to claim income based benefits.
anyway i got a new job i started monday.working for someone else SUCKS. but you do what you gotta.   ;D keep smiling . well all emigrate to bulgaria or somewhere and then whatl be left?

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 09:24:43 am »
Sandy Yeah One that makes all the paper for HMG to send you all these forms on I'm sure.I get quite a few I can tell you and all by first class post.I will receive a form and OH Kath will get the exact same questions on another form in another envelope with another 1st class stamp UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! George
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 10:51:11 pm »

now i pay a fair bit of n.i twice a year as well as quarterly .

What is N.I?

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 11:02:38 pm »
 NI =  national insurance mate......

cheers

Russ

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 08:49:33 am »
Its what you pay so that when you are unlucky enough to lose your job you get a little help.  But not if your wife is working and you are over 50 even if you have paid in for 30 odd years.

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 03:13:52 pm »
Hillary's mum Yes lass I KNOW but how many of our followers know that you must sign on immediately if you come out of work I know I'll manage for a month but do you know it seriously affects your pension if you have a stamp deficiency on your card? Signing on although you may not qualify for a handout qualifies you for a stamp on your card keeping you right for your entitlements later on in life :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS