Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: freecycle  (Read 8095 times)

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
Re: freecycle
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 12:55:23 pm »
Freecycle is great, I have had a fair bit from there, portable tv for the caravan, compost bins, other bits and bobs, always seemed to miss the chicken houses though. I have also given away plenty of really nice bits and pieces (baby bits and bobs no longer needed) all in excellent order, but I did take exception to someone asking for photos of a couple of items as she wasnt sure if they would fit in with her colour scheme and she didnt want to waste her time coming to have a look if they were not right. ( items were a white baby bath, and a white broidery anglais  moses basket and stand!!!)
 ???
juliag

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 02:16:00 pm »
I have found myself in the situation where the member offering stuff may have thought me too picky, lol, and I got no reply, fair enough! One was if a tv had a scart. Better to ask and not to receive a reply than travelling 20 miles and then not needing the item. what's a colour sceme though  ??? ::)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 03:31:58 pm »
Its like anything though, theres some great people on it... and some pillocks!
I'm on freecycle and freegle - but the first has a lot more local stuff (including my neighbour!) and on the whole we've had and got rid of some good stuff. (I posted a request for windfalls for the piggies, and got a load of greenhouse grapes, and a promise of plums that never transpired)

And white goes with anything but needs more washing!!
Little Blue

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 04:28:49 pm »
I never knew you could get rid of your neighbours on freecycle !!! great stuff....
offered : two pillocks from the city , who think they know everything , and tell me what I should and shouldn't do with my land and my animals.... ::) ::)

cheers

Russ

Snoopy

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 03:30:17 pm »
I never knew you could get rid of your neighbours on freecycle !!! great stuff....
offered : two pillocks from the city , who think they know everything , and tell me what I should and shouldn't do with my land and my animals.... ::) ::)

cheers

Russ

LOVE IT - know lots of pillocks I could stick on there too!

Glad that snow and ice didn't get rid of your quickness any brilliant sense of humour Russ xxx :love:
Living the Good Life and spreading the word

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 04:34:56 pm »
hello Snoops,
                snow , ice , wind , rain , whatever ...may knock me down for a bit ...buuuuuuut ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS-zK1S5Dws

that about sums it up really ... :o ;D
I hope you are doing ok over there ....water running again I hope ... we missed the expected latest bout of snow today ....I hope it doesn't hit tonight !!! but it is meant to clear very fast anyway . Plus I am all stocked up again now anyway , just a few bits and bobs I want to get , but in the main I am ready for 'whatever' again now.
 Just got back from horse feeding , now got to go and walk the other 2 dogs .. then feed them all , then think about feeding MEEEE !!!

Take care mate ...

cheers

Russ

sandy

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2010, 11:36:34 am »

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 11:28:34 am »
lol, you 2 have got too much time on your hands!! fancy popping down south and feeding my animals for me?  :D
juliag

sandy

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 01:07:49 pm »
 ::) Oh don't let my OH think that!!! I flit in and use TAS as my coffee break excuse ;) ;) that is before 12.00, then my tea break after 12.oo then my wine break after 6pm as I find TV dull and I usualy multitask anyway......I sit with my laptop while watching TV...Oh, I have been ALL morning with the dogs and pups....I have not fed my chickenducks yet as they had loads of pellets left from yesterday...they do not seem too keen on them so I am making them eat them...I must NOT waste anymore time!!! well, not for the next hour...see you later!!!

P.S would LOVE to pop down to feed the animals, it's one long job with the B&B, always guests in....anyway, I love it.....now wheres my coffee?????

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2010, 01:50:00 pm »
Don't believe a word that woman says - she just sits around and watches puppies all day. ;D ;D  Even caught Steve doing it the other night! ;)  I am sooooooo glad mine have gone - one wild puppy is enough to cope with! Oh, but I forgot, labs are easy - perhaps I should sell all my part trained Brits adn buy a lab! >:(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 02:15:32 pm »
 :D :D little poo factories but they are very cute!!! I have only just gone to do the bedrooms.....a round of pup feeding cleaning and watching...still after a Hi FI on freecycle,  must have lost my touch!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS