Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rent of garage - how much?  (Read 2630 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Rent of garage - how much?
« on: January 02, 2015, 09:44:48 am »
Someone has asked to store a car in the wooden garage on the plot I have in a small hamlet.  There is hard standing but no maintenance pit, no electricity, no water.  I don't think they'll be doing any work on the car and it's purely storage to get it off the road.  Any thoughts on how much rent I should ask?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sss

• Joined Mar 2014
  • Cambridgeshire
Re: Rent of garage - how much?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 10:02:50 am »
a rough guide can be done by searching caravan storage areas around you, some may provide leccy and water so take a portion for that off and it may give you a guide price.

at the end of the day it does depend on how valuable the space is to you for other activities.

make sure you have a written agreement in place so that should you need to get rid of him or vice versa there is something in place.

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 10:14:24 am »
I have a couple of cars and a caravan I store and I like the ones that are 5.00 per week. There are a lot out there that are more expensive than that though.
It depends if there is any security with it.
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 10:51:23 am »
No security other than a padlock, nosey retired policeman neighbours and a one way road in, 2 miles from nearest habitation  :innocent:

I don't need it for anything else, they are friends with and approached the couple I sold my house to, across the lane from my site.

Provided the TPO revocation goes ahead in March I'd hope to take the four biggest beech trees down, so might need car moved to a safe place for a couple of days if it's still there, but it can go in my friend's barn then;  but other than that it can stay till I sell the plot - probably next year after I get full planning for an eco friendly 4 bed villa on a fifth of an acre - a nice wee starter plot for a  smallholder with friendly farm adjacent who might rent a bit of the field I sold them years ago (and wish I hadn't!  :innocent:)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

YoungRasher

• Joined Aug 2012
  • DERBYSHIRE
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 04:41:47 pm »
just make sure they know its not insured and if anything happens to it it will be at there cost. £5 a week won't go very far if the roof falls in etc

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 07:10:40 pm »
Not worth my while at £5 a week, if they suggest £20 I might be interested

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 05:58:04 pm »
If your not using the place - maybe worth going for £20 a month but ask for it all up front so you get a fair chunk you can use.  Dribs and drabs at that price, your right, wont really cover the hastle of organising payments.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS