Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone else getting snow ?  (Read 9978 times)

Birdie Wife

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: Anyone else getting snow ?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2009, 10:16:37 am »
We had about an inch of snow last week but it didn't stick around too long, thank goodness. Not enough for a snowman, just enough to worry about the roads being gritted and getting where I need to be.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2009, 11:40:55 am »
still just rain. and a good few inchs of mud.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 01:34:44 pm »
(I'm going to whipser this incase I speak too soon) but we have a beautiful day here today, not even that cold. Blue sky and wait for it - NO RAIN.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2009, 02:09:41 pm »
jammy begger.

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2009, 04:00:19 pm »
No rain at all?   I can only dream of a day like that.....seems to be a very soggy North Devon at the moment. 
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2009, 04:41:32 pm »
No rain at all?   I can only dream of a day like that.....seems to be a very soggy North Devon at the moment. 

Very early this morning there was drizzle but that cleared away and it was lovely, VERY cold now though but I can live with that. :)

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2009, 04:59:22 pm »
Soggy West Cornwall as well  >:( >:( >:( We are so sick of the constant rain - a bit of ground frost and hard going would be welcome - though I would probably eat my words if we got snow as well!!!
We badly need some hard ground so that we can get on with our digging out to level our building site and sort the foundations. The actual digging out isn't an issue as such, but we need to get rid of the spoil and that involves a run with a tractor and bucket loader in slightly cramped conditions, the ground is so wet the tractor is just creating huge tracks and trenches all over the place so we are a bit kaiboshed right now. We've been prevented from getting on with it for the last 6 weeks so our original goal of foundations poured by Christmas is well knackered  >:(
Tish

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS