Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone else getting snow ?  (Read 10043 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Anyone else getting snow ?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 08:00:20 pm »
yes .. bugger it ... bring on global warming ...everyone run out and run your car engine at least an hour every night ...leave all the lights on ALWAYS ...turn the central heating right up . Eat loads of baked beans ...get that world temp UP .... keep away the snow.....

cheers

Russ

Confusingly there are many experts that are saying man is not causing global warming in the first place.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 08:01:30 pm »
yep ... cow farts mate ... cow farts....

cheers

Russ

sandy

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 09:58:27 pm »
I noticed snow on the top of some of the Ochill's but it's warm up a bit tonight here, must be Russ telling everyone to burn more fuel Oh and I did have beans!!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 10:07:33 pm »
We had some snow on our hills last weekend.  Very keen frost last night, so everything frozen this morning, and the lane was really icy too.  Been snowing since about 4pm, but don't think it will stick.  I am really cold tonight, no heating in our draughty old house.

sandy

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 10:21:13 pm »
Snow is nice to look at or play in but not for walking..I need some super tread boots before I venture out in the snow and ice. We love to have log fires but our heating is on for the guests and I actualy get too hot at night as we sleep in our lounge due to being full....hot flushes, never there when you need them, just when you don't!!

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 10:53:47 pm »
Hey Just got home at 10.30 from Perth. Rain most of the way back and then it joyously it turned to snow.
I am so tired and so hacked off with work i really really really hope we're snowed in tomorrow.
Couldn't park the car cos the snow was so deep. Just slid it gently into a bank and abandoned it until morning!!!!!!!!!!Hooray!!!!!!!
kirsty

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 11:08:17 pm »
Oh dear - that wet stuff is back again!  >:(  I just put my dogs out for a wee and they turned and came straight back in - it is CHUCKING it down! ::) ::) ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 08:28:36 am »
My hopes of getting snowed in have come to nothing  :(
Woke up to a light frost and no snow - please let it stay that way til Dec 24th ! ;D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 09:19:41 am »
Snow on the tops of the Ochils this morning but milder and damp down here. It was so lovely yesterday.

Our wood burner shoudl be in today.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 11:35:29 am »
We had a night of fairly hard frost down here in the soft South West of England but back to mild temps. and rain again now.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 01:46:43 pm »
Snow on the tops of the Ochils this morning but milder and damp down here. It was so lovely yesterday.

Our wood burner shoudl be in today.
Hi Rosemary, can I ask who you are getting to put it in?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Canadian Sheepfarmer

• Joined Nov 2009
  • Manitoba, Canada.
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 02:50:28 pm »
We have about 6 inches on the ground now. Won't see the soil until next April!

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 02:56:03 pm »
just heavy rain.

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 09:49:45 pm »
Still snow on the ground here but the road just has white slushy ridges down the middle. Fingers crossed for more tonight. although I don't think I've got much chance.
The chooks were a bit perplexed this morning. Eventually they followed the example of the ducks and just ate it.
kirsty

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 09:54:36 pm »
Still snow on the ground here but the road just has white slushy ridges down the middle. Fingers crossed for more tonight. although I don't think I've got much chance.
The chooks were a bit perplexed this morning. Eventually they followed the example of the ducks and just ate it.

You don't want any more Marigold - you have a meeting to come to on Monday! ;D ;D ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS