Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I'm a celebrity  (Read 16033 times)

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: I'm a celebrity
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 01:44:26 pm »
Yes Camilla used to be on Strictly, she looks painfully thin to me! and they always lose a lot of weight in the jungle!

Wellieboots

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 05:46:30 pm »
Just to stir things up a bit:

do you really have to hate yourself to go for all the treatments that various "celebs" may or may not have had?

we wear clothes, use cleaning products on ourselves that (may) contain parabens & other "nice" things, wash our hair, brush our teeth etc...etc..Would our diet not have changed, might our need to do any of these things have happened ???

I dunno, plastic surgery does seem wierd to me but then who are we to comment? If one has the ways & means & technology makes it so then are we not just continuing the human condition?

Pete Burns does it because he can (so he says) & because he likes to shock. Genesis P Orridge (look him up) did it to shock, so are we not just as guilty or insecure if we prejudge people we are only exposed to on tv?

I couldn't care less what people look like, I'm covered in tattoo's & am also judged on pre-conceived notions of image. We are quick (or can be) to judge but we all define ourselves in different ways. Anyone introduced themselves as Mr/Mrs So & So, I am a Blah Blah and I also grow my own/run a smallholding etc....etc?... Its a way of defining our tribal bonding...or our tribal allegiances, so say the physical anthropr..cannae smell..ists!

My brain hurts :o

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 06:47:13 pm »
If you are covered in tatoos no wonder your brain hurts.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 06:49:16 pm by sheila »

sandy

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 08:26:48 pm »
I too like individuals, but a lot of people have plastic surgery to look like someone or something e.g a Barbie Doll, pop star etc!!! I would have plastic surgery if I had the money, some people look great...it's just another means of attraction or individualism. Tribes do it and I am sure animals would if they could!!!Now I am rambling...

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 10:18:59 am »
it seems Camilla is quite poorly, she's panicky and not coping, don't think she will stay :-\

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 10:31:18 am »
What would they have to show the public if Katie Price was not on the show - the editing is all about making Katie more famous, it's so sad. Anyone else think  that Ant and Dec are needing to grow up and get off British TV?

sandy

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 11:00:16 am »
Poor Katie, it was inevitable that she would be picked out to do the trials by the public...they need to give her a chance for am unity as the programme is in danger of procuring  serious bullying!!!

I still like Ant and Deck, they still make me laugh but can see The twins from X Factor taking on their role.

Now..I thought Gina looked good but am rapidly...even at this very moment...going off him.
I hope I am not going to tarnish my i :-[mage BUT, poor Ginos wife must be under so much controle not to be able to "pass wind" in front of him,......that used to happen to me in my marrage, I also was not allowed to swear, and have to wear specific clothing...controling and NO basis for relationships. GIno is on "This Morning" helping someone cook and he said he NEVER sets the table!!!!!!!!!!! Well I am in a very happy 15 year relationship and I am equal to my partner, we both can pass wind :-[ :-[and when we want and of course swear!!!!!! Gina sounds a bit very sexist to me!!

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 12:04:26 pm »
Remember the pretty dark haired girl from Emmerdale that was on Celebrity a few years ago? i cant remember her name, Sherie??but she said she never farts in front of her hubby as she finds it embarrassing, now call me old fashioned but its not something I do either, not because my hubby doesnt like it, I just dont feel happy farting in front of anyone!  ;D my hubby reckons I'll spontaneous combust one day ;D

sandy

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2009, 12:08:34 pm »
 :-[Maybe you are all thinking "what an uncouth person".....you all may be correct ;) ;) ;)

sandy

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2009, 01:35:28 pm »
 :o :o Hope knowone thinks I am being funny (strange) no intention.....anyway, I would not dream of "passing wind in front of anyone else, not even my daughters..not even in the guests rooms when I am makeing the beds!!!! Must add, I was brought up very prim and proper and no amout of force, bribe etc could make me swear or burp or even eat in the streat and I always went out with my makeup and relitively clean clothing.......my mum and my gran were the same, although Gran changed when she had a stroke and when in to a convent nursing home, swore like a trooper then (sure I said this one before) SO, I think it's my releif to be a bit freeer, at least with my partner if knowone else!!!

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2009, 01:40:34 pm »
I was brought up the same as you sandy.  Only really 'free' with my husband!   :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2009, 01:50:42 pm »
What a funny subject, am I prim and proper then ;D my sister quite happily trumps away, but I just dont!! same upbringing etc, but I dont feel supressed(sp) at all, just the way I am I suppose!
Well Camilla has left the jungle as she really not up to it! Joe Bugner has taken her place :o

sandy

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2009, 02:05:34 pm »
wounder what he i s going to be like ??? ???

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2009, 05:46:12 pm »
Prettier than Katie Price  :cat:

sandy

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 09:04:05 am »
Oh Kim!!!! she's loosing it a bit I think....I really liked her as well......and I do feel sorry for katie but her mum was on TV with her brother and they warned her she could end up doing all the challenges...still, she is comming over well and getting the public and others in the jungles respect....I think? I wouldn't mind being as pretty as Katie Price, she has overdone the teeth and lips but I still think she is stunning!!!! Another problems is, we are not getting to know anyone else..Oh Gino is certainly doing very well!!!! he is entertaining and useful!!!!! Enjoying it so far...poor animals!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS