Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 3753 times)

Nanzilela

• Joined Sep 2009
« on: September 17, 2009, 10:12:15 am »
Hi, came across this forum and rather liked it.
Farmer and businessman in Zimbabwe for 30 years until booted off 5 years ago. Moved here 4 years and begun an Electric fencing business. Bought a plot with free range chooks  :chook: on and built up a clientel in the village.

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 11:00:39 am »
Welcome to you, I look forward to hearing about your new venture and maybe something of your old life in zimbabwe. you must have had a terrible ordeal, i hope you feel settled here.( where in the uk are you?)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 11:49:49 am »
And a warm welcome from me too.  It must have been terrible for you, and if you feel like letting off steam here please do.  I hope you have settled well in the UK, and that your business is doing well.

I am in Clackmannan in Scotland and am also a member of Central Scotland Smallholders Association.  There are quite a few of us around here - Sandy ahd a houseful at our meeting last night - tea, coffee and a lovely lemony home made sponge cake and scones.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 03:08:02 pm »
Hello & welcome from the Happy Hippy  ;D

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 06:08:02 pm »
Hi and welcome.

sunnyjohn

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Milton Keynes
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 07:16:07 pm »
Hello, Good Eevening, and Welcome, as David Frost used to say on UK TV some years ago. Ah... nostalgia...! I suspect nostlagia for you includes many recollections from Zimbabwe? Without wishing to be political, it remains a tragedy that such a rich country has seen such decline, and in such circumstances....

We have a different political system, here, of course. It just FEELS as if we have a dictatorship intent on crippling the population to the benefit of the elite few.... And speaking as one of the many, non-elite, I welcome you into the fold of resourceful people equally intent on surviving, even flourishing, in adversity. It sounds af is you've already 'got the tee-shirt' of that particular challenge. So, maybe, looking after chooks and being close to your customers ain't so bad.

By the way, whereabouts are you, now?

All the best!  John

sandy

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 08:08:53 pm »
Hello, must be so different in all ways for you, especialy all the rain, welcome!!

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 09:09:46 pm »
Wow can't imagine what it must have been like for you.  As John says its an utter tragedy that such a bountiful country can be brought down to what it has now become, but changes will come and it will be bountful once again.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the new venture.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS