Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Keeping Rare Breed Pigs  (Read 23626 times)

Unicorn

Re: Keeping Rare Breed Pigs
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2009, 10:17:02 am »
Yeah - lots in common haven't they  ;D ;D ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2009, 12:18:27 pm »
Hope your OH doesnt read this  ;D :pig:

HappyHippy

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2009, 03:50:15 pm »
No chance  ;) I work him FAR too hard for him to have time to sit at the computer  ;D  ;D  ;D

cameldairy

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Cairo, GA U.S.A.
  • South Georgia, U.S.A.
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2009, 04:46:39 pm »

Nooo! don't "not like" them, just prefer a shorter snout!!
My Kunes have lovely little faces, and delish eyelashes, better looking than some people I know!
Pigs are great, and piglets are gorgeous
[/quote] 

Oh good, cause that's what I got and I was wondering if there were something I needed to know about.  :pig: :)
1 wonderful husband, his 200 beehives,13 chickens, 8 camels, 4 zebra, 21goats,  2 pigs, 4 dogs, 1 horse, 2 ponies, 1 donkey and 1 capybara.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2009, 09:22:33 pm »
No, no , just a matter of individual taste I suppose.  Following on to the idea that pigs and men are similar!!
Little Blue

cameldairy

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Cairo, GA U.S.A.
  • South Georgia, U.S.A.
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2009, 11:17:43 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
1 wonderful husband, his 200 beehives,13 chickens, 8 camels, 4 zebra, 21goats,  2 pigs, 4 dogs, 1 horse, 2 ponies, 1 donkey and 1 capybara.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2009, 12:21:21 pm »
Ive yet to meet the man who can produce as much gas as our boar.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2009, 01:54:01 pm »
Hmmmm, not met my husband yet then?  Or my brother?!!
Or maybe  Murphy is a particularly gas-less boar!!
Little Blue

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2009, 06:59:58 pm »
Aren't most Boar Bores full of hot air?

Farmer ???
 :farmer:

N.B. No aspersions on your family LB
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:06:14 pm by Farmer »

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2009, 08:35:53 pm »
None taken... They're mine so I can say what I like about them (other people had better watch it though!!)
How's your leg/hip today Farmer? Take care of yourself....
Little Blue

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2009, 09:35:45 pm »
Still painful LB...thanks for asking...have taken to walking with a stick when it gets too bad...makes me feel really decrepit...but it'll pass...anyway too busy with the move to let my hip get in the way...only one more week before we take all the animals up to the new place and then I can start collecting the ones I've purchased...more Dexters and some Balwen sheep...going to a rare breed sale next Saturday to see if I can replenish my Gloucester Old Spot breeding stock...have been without pigs for about a month now and have really missed them, so can't wait to get some more.

Farmer

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2009, 09:40:35 pm »
Have you seen your GP?  Do you have painkillers for it?  I use Ibuprofen but I know it doesn't agree with everyone
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2009, 09:41:48 pm »
very exciting!!
Don't worry about the stick... we have my late mother-in-law's and have both had occassion to us it. Our combined age is 64 (and theres 10 years between us, so work that out for yourselves!)

How are you preparing the animals.. nights in the trailer, or will you just pack them up when the time comes?!
Little Blue

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2009, 09:51:04 pm »
Hoping to just pack them up when the time comes - sheep should be no problem, nor the chucks and ducks...will probably have a little trouble with the Dexter cows...but our Bull is an old softy and will walk on the trailer if you comb his hair...my main concern is the two pet goats (Jake & Kenco) never been on a trailer and will not like it one bit!

She who must be obeyed is getting some Ibuprofen tomorrow Annie...haven't tried it before but hope it will help...Dianne (SWMBO) has used it and says it is very good.

Farmer

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2009, 10:08:24 pm »
You can take Paracetamol with it.  My GP son-in-law says for bad muscle/joint pain, to take 400 mg Ibuprofen then two hours later take a full adult dose of paracetamol (forget what that is but the packet tells you - 2 tablets usually), and use that regime three times per day.  He also says to keep that up for three days and if the pain is still as bad to see your GP for stronger drugs.  If you feel at all unwell after the first Ibuprofen don't take any more and see your GP.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS