Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi All - like a mooch through the catalogue of my house contents auction  (Read 8074 times)

southernskye

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Isle of Skye - Scotland
Re: Hi All - like a mooch through the catalogue of my house contents auction
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 10:37:33 am »
Wow! Glad you aren't nearer, tempted to spend loads ;D
Good luck.
Sskye
Rgds
Sskye

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 03:39:15 am »
wow

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 04:22:50 pm »
 :fc: Good luck on Saturday :excited: .  I see  :cat: and  :dog: escaped all the photos ;D , are they in hiding yet?

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 04:50:37 pm »
Have a look at the photo of the 4 poster in the bedroom and you can just see Phoebes backside as she is looking out of the window.

She got quite cross about everyone walking round upstairs and trailed them round every room keeping an eye on them  :roflanim:

I will see if I can post a list of all the things not included in the catalogue later on tonight

To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 05:09:06 pm »
Good luck, I would love lots most, of the stuff, no money though and we too are downsizing, some  most of your things will be snapped up!! :thumbsup:

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 09:50:57 pm »
Well it is almost all lotted up now ready for viewing tomorrow

There are 350 lots being sold just on the day and not included in the online catalogue.  There are some really good items in there.  An unused circular saw, lots of excellent aluminium ladders and steps, a top quality cast iron slipper bath on silvered ball and claw feet still shrink wrapped and on its pallet, boxes and boxes of screw and every imaginable garden implement 

The list is very sketchily described but you might get the gist 

For instance lot 1026 A quantity of fish food

is actually a 20 kilo sack of pond fish sticks and 2  5 kilo tubs of top quality koi sticks

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 11:26:42 pm »
 :fc: , love your stuff, it may be the key o where and how you travel

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 01:44:53 pm »
Dbe we need an update, hope the sale was a success. What surprised you most? And what disappointed you?

What were you sad to see sell that you secretly wanted to keep?

Mojo
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2013, 01:53:20 pm »
I was wondering as well!! Would love to hear how it went!

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2013, 02:36:10 pm »
Its all still up in the air at present.  The auctioneers havent given me a figure - not even a ball park one and I dont know what most things went for as lots of folk kept popping in to have a natter and ask how it was going - I had intended to look at it on the internet myself but simply didnt get the chance

There were people here collecting all day yesterday till gone 7pm and someone was at the gate before 8.30 this morning. 

Will have to get back to them in a minute, as although the auctioneers are officially here doing the handing out there are lots of queries and its just so much easier for me to answer them than them to have to keep looking everything up.

There was a major disaster about 10 or 15 mins before the sale was due to start they plugged in the massive marquee heater thingy and that together with all the lights plus those work type halogen lights which were on in the house for the viewing overloaded the fuse board.  Although I have three phase power here all the fuses are split and whoever originally installed the fuse between the mains coming in through the wall and the three single phase fuse boards only used a 32 instead of `100 amp fuse.  I think one of the light bulbs blew and the fuse burnt out.  Fortunately my wonderful brother was here and he found and fixed it.  So just as the auctioneers had finished making the sale announcements he managed to get the power on again.  Without it my internet connection goes down so no online bidding! 

As it was they took a longer time to get the online auction going again and apparently they had email troubles till late in the afternoon, so anyone emailing bids through missed out on all their lots.  Plus I missed out on all their bids!!!

The sale started out absolutely flying, but there was a huge quantity of items here I have a feeling it tailed off quite a lot in the afternoon.  I must admit I did keep out of the "sale" part of the house once viewing had started as I wasn't sure how I would feel especially if lots of friends and neighbours started getting emotional about "the old days"

The sale went on to about nearly 6 oclock and it was a cold day so it was surprising anyone stuck it out to the bitter (literally) end, but about half a doz did, though of course the prices suffered

I think whatever way it was done you could think it might have worked better another way, but at least by the end of the week I should have a pretty clear house - then its time for a good sweep and vacuum through and see how quickly the sale of the house goes through.

Their initial move in date was 28th Nov, but there is no way we are going to hit that I don't think

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 02:43:22 pm »
 :thumbsup: Good,luck, sounds like you could do with more help :fc:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 02:46:10 pm »
Sounds like it was quite an emotional day. I wondered how you would feel when bits of your life keep disappearing. Still, lots to look forward to now.  :thumbsup:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Hamish Crofter

• Joined Jun 2013
  • Isle of Skye
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2013, 04:08:16 pm »
I feel for you as this day clearly had its problems. Today I received an invoice in the post for £40 for an item from your auction I didn't even bid on, in fact it was so late in the auction I wasn't even online at the time. I bid on one item near the beginning, didn't win it and logged off.
I do hope you get everything sorted with this auction house as they were less than impressive on the day.

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2013, 04:41:53 pm »
If you pm me with the name you were bidding with I will have a word when I see them tomorrow. 

I think it wasnt all that easy for them - with 1100 lots plus last minute extras they probably had around 1200 lots to sell in total so went more quickly than they would have otherwise.  The sale started at around 10.10 in the morning and I would guess the last bids were about 6.30 in the evening so it was a jolly long day for everyone

The problem is that if you run it as a 2 day sale then folk come to one and not another of the days, plus there is one lot to be cleared away before the next days sale begins

There seem to be fewer and fewer auctioneers prepared to do onsite auctions and those that are the old school farm sale ones who have never got into the online bidding anyway

As I say I think there were many bargains to be had, but I am pleased that a lot of the nicer pieces of furniture etc went to locals that I knew, and its good thinking that they will have pleasure from the use of it into the future.  Quite a few were young couples that I had known from babies so they will have my treasures and the story of when the bought it to tell to their children.  I don't think there will be all that many more house sales like this as time goes on, so they will have the day to look back on

smithycraft

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2013, 05:19:33 pm »
I watched some of it online and it looked like it was going pretty smoothly.  Would have loved to have placed some bids but just too far away to collect.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS