Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: We have been getting spam from you.  (Read 2785 times)

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
We have been getting spam from you.
« on: November 27, 2013, 11:45:45 am »
 Al had a stroppy land line caller trying to be indignant . He was saying , " We are getting a lot of spam email from you " .

Al cut him short PDQ .. ...   
" And what are you doing but cold calling  me with your phone call , may I suggest you put the email address on block sender in your email account . Perhaps you'd  then  email me when you've done it  .... Good bye " 

The depth these scammer go to try and get your bank details is amazing ..
I suspect that they were going to suggest we use a product from a company ( that they most likely  own ) and it would be purchased via Visa / Master card or Barclay card etc. They would talk you through the down loading process 

Once they've got the numbers you'd have to unsuccessfully try and access their cloud download but mean time knowing your occupied with being talked through the false down load  at home and on line trying to down , load with their end of the phone line still open so no one can contact you  they'd be having a ball shopping with the card details you'd just given them  ... BTDS.

Stay aware folks.  Do ensure that any site you buy from has the green security sign in the address title line on your computer screen.
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: We have been getting spam from you.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 01:46:48 pm »
Not bought anything on line for a while but the cold calling phone calls are getting clever and try it on all the time......so confusing for some people!!

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 03:10:29 pm »
We get a lot of emails asking us to verify our bank account details, even though we don't bank with them. Santander was the last.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 03:46:14 pm »
I had one from "Barclays" yesterday (with whom I don't have an account), asking me to confirm I'd just transferred £8217 into my bank account.  That'd be the day!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 10:22:12 pm »
I had one from "Barclays" yesterday (with whom I don't have an account), asking me to confirm I'd just transferred £8217 into my bank account.  That'd be the day!

I think I'd be tempted to say yes that's right just to see their reaction.

Treehugger

• Joined Nov 2013
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 10:54:40 pm »

Whatever you do do not click on the link to view the attached "transaction receipt"  on emails such as this.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 11:04:25 pm »
There all out to get you !!!!!

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 06:26:57 am »
We keep getting calls from Asia from some little man called "Simon" (Likely story ) Who wants to help me with my security settings, when I say "What security settings are those " he goes all shy and flustered, so I give him the EURO RAFFLE numbers that I failed to win with last week. He must have a short memory as he rings at least once a fortnight  :innocent:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 11:51:38 am »
EURO RAFFLE numbers
:roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS