Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Would you be worried ?  (Read 9299 times)

sandy

Re: Would you be worried ?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 09:55:14 am »
I doubt the police will be able to say much other than general guide lines due Data protection and privacy laws that protect everyone. I would not like people going to the police station to ask about crimes I have comminted...NONE may I add :D Right, here I go again...sorry. I used to visit hostels and one in particular held several sex offenders, all just out of prison and they were directly opposite an infant School!!! I also worked in a private care home, again, majority were sex offenders, they were in a village and were all, except one, allowed out freely and th ey had mental health problems as well!!!                                                                                                                       

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 10:56:18 am »
no i didn't mean find out about the crime i ment what was happenning and was measure where being put in place etc.

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 11:12:08 am »
I would be worried.

I would have a meeting with the Head, but they will be limited to what they can do in this situation.

I really would find it difficult not to go to the local police and mention that this person was taking photographs in the classroom.

I would not be able to live with myself if I didn't do this, because at least if the police go to his house, and speak to him about taking the photo's in a school, which I believe could be illegal now, he will realise that he is being watched.
Most offenders of this crime do it again, I have studied figures as part of a social science course that I am doing.  A visit from the Police may make this person more reluctant to do any further crimes - plus they may be able to take photos from him of children that are not his, therefore protecting the kids in the class at this school.

It is an awful position to be in - but I would do the above, before I would change schools - why should your children have to move schools - they are not ex-criminals - he is, and serving time does not mean that the mental or anti-social problems he had that made him commit in the first place, have been wiped away.

We will all feel differently on this - but I would have to protect my daughter and her school friends as much as I possibly could.

Julie

sandy

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 11:21:08 am »
I too am very concerned about the photographs, I thought permission was required to take any photos of children in Schools!!!

HappyHippy

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 11:39:28 am »
I did telephone local police yesterday, they asked for his name and the school and said they would pass the details on to the relevant people.
Funny enough, he wasn't there today.
The school is looking at their photography policy and we're taking steps to organise a meeting with the head and a letter to the local education authority.
Thanks again everybody  ;D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 11:41:05 am »
Its normally down to school/education centre policy
With t we got a letter about a year ago asking if he could be pictured in a workshops promo.

linz

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 11:41:45 am »
hope this has easied your mind a bit

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 10:22:01 am »
Sounds a lot of pony to me.

I think it best somehow to find out if he really IS the person some ' mums ' are saying he is.  Facts are sorely needed here, not petitions and  mums idle playground chit chat.

Ask one of the mums how she knows he is a sex offender, and get her to back up her claims.

Hopefully they have their facts right, as if it is not true and I was that man , I would sue everyone who uttered the words.

Do you REALLY think that if the school head knew this man was on the sex offenders list, he would be allowed near the school, let alone loose in a class with a camera ?

He is a sex offender and his wife is a social worker.. ergh ?

Kevin

sandy

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 11:36:07 am »
Kev, I agree and say better the devil you know than the devil you don't know!!!! Just one point, I have always been amazed how laxed some people are when it comes to security etc so not sure the School staff would keep him out even if he was a risk!!!

HappyHippy

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 11:44:53 am »
Okay, an update on the situation.
I had a meeting with the head yesterday (only 3 other parents have even bothered to go and see him!)
 The man IS on the sex offenders register. He was convicted over 20 years ago and spent 20 years in prison before being released for a wrongfull conviction  ??? However, shortly after leaving prison he exposed himself to a young girl and got locked back up (now what does this say about the prison service if he was innocent, then came out and started offending ? Reformed - my arse!)
Anyway's the heads hands are very much tied as to what he can do, he can't have a public meeting about it, he CAN'T stop the man coming into the playground or school when dropping off and collecting his kids, he CAN'T stop him taking photos (although he's going to suggest to the man that he allows the school to photograph his kids on his behalf to prevent the need for him to bring a camera into the school) and he can't stop him coming to events held by the school (this is what the head has been told by the police)
 Obviously the head is extremely concerned (can I add at this point that it's a male head teacher) and has made it clear to me that under no circumstances will this man ever have involvement with the children. He has a member of staff next to him at all times and they are seriously watching him.
  It's reassured me slightly, but the worry will ALWAYS be there.

Sounds a lot of pony to me.

Hopefully they have their facts right, as if it is not true and I was that man , I would sue everyone who uttered the words.

Do you REALLY think that if the school head knew this man was on the sex offenders list, he would be allowed near the school, let alone loose in a class with a camera ?

Kevin
Kevin, thanks for your post  ::), I'm not one for gossip, as I've hopefully made clear. The explanation above should hopefully clear up any misunderstanding you have of the situation.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 12:01:27 pm »
Good you know the facts now, even if they are not pleasant. I would feel the same as you.
I'm still not convinced about the photo issue - how comes that we have to sign a permission slip each term, also for after school activities, if there is going to be a photo taken? Maybe the School Board/parent council can put some pressure on the school!
I suppose you will not see that much of the man in question. I do feel sorry for his children - how can they have a normal social life??  :&>

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 12:35:56 pm »
happy hippy, never thought you were a gossip, and I certainly dont have any misunderstandings about the situation. You have done the right thing. Gone to the man that knows, in this case the head.  Well done.   You have saved yourself a lot of time this way.

Bottom line is that this guy however weird has been deemed to be let out in society, and there is not a lot you can do about it. Personally I would have thought 20 years inside ,should have been matched with a clause upon freedom of not going anywhere near schools. What a vile creature. My only reservation is the 20 years inside, seems wrong somehow, too long, unless he was really a very bad man.

Proceed with caution is all I can say. If the school are on to it,and you are happy with the heads assurances, then its job done. There is certainly no need to worry children about him, which in turn will create more problems. Chances are you will probanly never see him again.

I would not worry to much about the camera, this is not an armchair weirdo, he gets more involved than that. I think the camera was just first day at school stuff with his kids, which is ok if its still allowed at this school.

Kevin

rustyme

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 12:39:47 pm »
hello Karen,
              my two penneth won't help at all really , but I just had to say something . I am so sick of the namby pamby way we have to tip toe round perverts in this world . They go in nick for years of twatting around with do gooders and then they come out and nearly ALL of them re offend . Well sorry to say I would deal with them like the other inmates in nick do ... kick the crap out of them  !!!! I would tell the guy to leave ( yep ...get out of town ) and what I would do if he didn't ...if he didn't go, I would do it .....Mr baseball bat and me would break many bones and after he came out of hospital he would get told the same again ....if he didn't go ...Mr baseball bat again !!!! It is the only thing these arseholes understand ..severe pain !!! I know violence isn't an answer , but with the way perverts are treated these days, it is almost the only way to sort them out ....even in nick they are on rule 43 to SAVE them from the other cons...At least with my way , in time , they would be incapable of doing anything to anyone !!!  This is one of those situations where the law does not work .  I am sorry if this offends anyone , but there you go .... tuff !!!
  In the past I have had stuff stolen from me and I went to the police ... nothing .... when I was 18 I even got packi bashed ...skinheads kicked the crap out of me thinking I was a Pakistani ...went to the police they just laughed ...( mind you even I thought it was funny , painfull but funny  ::))  , so for most things now I sort things out myself ....one step towards anarchy yes , but nothing gets done otherwise...
   I hope your situation gets sorted ok , I would hate to be in that situation ....I know my way doesn't help you , but I really had to just speak out ( it is something I suffer from ...an inability to keep my mouth shut !!!)

cheers

Russ

sandy

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 12:58:43 pm »
Hi Russ, I met so many of them (sex offenders) due to my work and they all had "their story" and expected sympathy, many most rationalised what they had done but I was usually able to read between the lines, unfortunately I think even the police  agree with you, but can't say anything, rough justice being a natural deterrent, even though I am a non violent person. Both me and my OH did some homeless work (he still dose) and I remember speaking to my OH on the phone upset over something and he was with a big tough nutter of a man, he asked, "whats wrong?" my OH explained and he said "I will sort it out" lucily enough he did not have the persons details otherwise he would as he had nothing to loose...theres some mad people out there!!!!!! ::)

rustyme

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 01:14:45 pm »
yes .. you are right Sandy ...they all have their own story ....But they all have a mind of their own and like me they can choose to do something or not to...they choose to abuse kids or kill them or whatever ....your are right about the police too ... I had an instant in my own family , won't go into details , but when the police came round they asked as policemen did I do it ? I said no ...then they asked as men (off the record ) and I said yes....they said good ..it's the only thing these bastards understand, there is nothing we can do to them . The policeman even advised to use a wooden baseball bat and burn it afterwards....this i had already done anyway ...

cheers

Russ

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS