Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is there something about today?  (Read 3315 times)

Lizmar

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Carrick on Suir - Tipperary Ireland
Is there something about today?
« on: August 12, 2009, 02:18:34 pm »
Can someone please tell me if they are having 'one of those days'.  I am at work yes well that is always a bit touch and go, but today all my staff are up in arms about something or other and am having to call an urgent meeting to sort.  Had a row with my daughter this morning cos she was losing the plot, all my network links with the US have gone down so waiting for them to get into work (5 hours difference) Another member of staff has just fainted - on a diet!!!! The plumber has just rang me to say though he has started a job for me i.e. left all his materials in my bathroom, he can't get back for a week!!

ITS ONLY 2.15pm  -   What else will go wrong?

Apologies - home at 5.30 and a very large glass of something that won't be good for me, but I will like it!

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Is there something about today?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 02:46:17 pm »
I think we all have "one of those days" now and again. Loook on the bright side , it could yet get even worse.
Or on the other hand, look forward to a nice sit down and a glass of whatever this evening. :) :bouquet:

hexhammeasure

• Joined Jun 2008
    • golocal food
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 06:08:55 pm »
I think it might be the day. Got up to the farm this morning to find we had absoluetly no water anywhere (private supply) after eventually getting the pump fixed and the fire brigade to top up the main reservoir tanks we finally managed to get the chores done and then start turning the hay.  all a bit of a kerfuffle
Ian

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 06:23:12 pm »
Is it anything to do with the Perseid Shower? I'm going to watch it tonight if there is no sea mist.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 06:23:57 pm »
What is that?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 06:52:16 pm »
I thought that was last night?   If I'm wrong,can someone correct me pronto please and I'll sleep outside in the hammock tonight,ta......Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

rustyme

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 07:02:00 pm »
it is meant to be the best night tonight Ree....

It is a meteor shower Annie !! happens every year about this time . Anything from a day or so to a week or more....I have watched this every year since I was a kid , apart from cloudy times .  If the sky is clear tonight , take a look up .... you may see one or two shooting stars or you may see hundreds , some are huge  !!
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090812/tuk-meteor-shower-head-north-to-see-shoo-dba1618.html

not much hope of seeing anything here sadly ..thick cloud at the moment , I saw a few last night then the clouds rolled in  ::)

cheers

Russ

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 08:35:04 pm »
just the usual sort of day with teens  ::) and crazy drivers on the Fife coastal roads. Had a lovely lunch cooked for by a friend, so I am not complaining! Will go out to look at the sky tonight, was too tired last night  :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS