Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kingsmill Bread 50/50  (Read 12131 times)

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
Re: Kingsmill Bread 50/50
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 08:00:33 pm »
I make bread almost everyday. I use a machine to knead it. take it out after the second programme and shape it into loaves or buns. I try to buy good flour, organic if possible and sometimes from the local mill. I have never bought any bread for years.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 11:00:57 pm »
That really puts me off the occasional bought loaf (when I think the breadmaker needs a rest,lol)...Omega 3 is an oil though, not sure what gelatine has to do with it. The Cysteine from human hair is quite shocking, I've possibly been taking this in supplements, yuk!  :&>

gillandtom

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Stirling
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 08:22:15 am »
The Panasonic Bread Machine is brilliant.

I always made our bread by hand, but after surgery could not nead it - Joe bought me a Panasonic, voted best in Good Housekeeping at the time 2004, and it is still going strong and makes wonderful bread, currant brack, and cakes.

Julie

I julie,

I too have the panasonic and absolutely love it!   I am always looking for new recipes to try out in it tho - What is Currant brack and how do you make it?   ::)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 08:25:19 am »
I had a Panasonic Breadmaker and when we moved here, sadly, it was binned. I did use it a lot and you can't beat the smell of fresh bread baking.

Tullywood Farm

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 10:07:50 am »
The Panasonic Bread Machine is brilliant.

I always made our bread by hand, but after surgery could not nead it - Joe bought me a Panasonic, voted best in Good Housekeeping at the time 2004, and it is still going strong and makes wonderful bread, currant brack, and cakes.

Julie

I julie,

I too have the panasonic and absolutely love it!   I am always looking for new recipes to try out in it tho - What is Currant brack and how do you make it?   ::)

I will stick a recipe on later when I have more time - under the recipe section

ALSO  REgarding Omega 3 - I only put olive oil into my loaves, and water and yeast, sometimes a pich of salt.  If you need Omega 3 - eat Salmon - I have to eat salmon 3 times a week as I do not get enough calcuim as I do not drink milk or eat cereal.  I crush the salmon bones and eat those, and get my calcium and Omega 3 from one item.

Julie

rustyme

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 10:20:39 am »
I have a Prima BM . I got the first one on special offer for about £24 . Then, as I had had it for a few years ,I bought another off ebay for £9 including delivery , just incase the first one went pop .
Although if I had too , I could make bread by hand completely , I do struggle with the kneeding (to many broken bones !!), so I would miss my old bread maker if it had to go .

cheers

Russ

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 10:42:22 am »
thats is total shocking, Tam thinks am mad but at the moment am on the mode of making to much and freezing the rest for dinners later. I'll think i'll start on the bread making again. I was looking at the soda bread thing that was on river cottage the otherday. I'll take a wonder up to the bakers in the 'town centre' to see if they can help me with the live yeast thingy.

Linz

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 08:30:50 pm »
Sodabread is so easy and wonderfully yummy! Method is more like making cake, no yeast needed!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS