Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Autumn  (Read 10210 times)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
Re: Autumn
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 04:20:12 pm »
We are after ordering a shed at some point Ellied.......although we need other stuff first so we will see  how the £ goes.
Today I put a jumper on then went outside and its too hot for me...how lovely is that,? as for X factor, I have gone right off it, I do like Britain's got talent a bit as that can at least be a bit more interesting than loads of singers, some who can and some who can't.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 04:50:06 pm »
Would be interesting to know which shed companies are giving so much grief - I need one myself...

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 06:28:50 pm »
i have always said, if i build a shed it will be built out of dung walling TGV , yes it would be expensive, but would last forever,  :thumbsup:

AndynJ

• Joined Sep 2010
  • uk
  • Says it as it is. don't like it don't look
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 09:05:22 pm »
I had my shirt off until about 5 ish, but that be Devon for ya :sunshine: :excited:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 09:39:28 pm »
has been hot today... :D

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2013, 09:43:25 pm »
was scorching in scotland. was too hot for fencing so went to see the seals singing on the beach. 300 seals all wailing like ghosts...lol

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2013, 10:17:42 pm »
24C in Shropshire today. I like this sort of autumn.  :D

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2013, 10:34:40 pm »
300 seals all wailing like ghosts...lol
Bet that was awesome,,,it was hot here too...I nearly took my jumper off  :innocent:

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2013, 11:20:15 pm »
Yup must be autumn  ground getting wet and drying out quite deeply .

I put the heating on for a few minutes this lunch time and then the power dropped out .

Seven hours later the electric board bring in a bloody big genny for a temporary supply whilst they bring in some heavy digging plant and traffic controls etc  as the main over head 30 KVA and some of the local 30 KVA underground /under road stuff has shorted or broke due to ground heave/ settlement .

We have zillion of ancient & modern  coal mining tunnels every where round here , worse than an ant hill , some just a few feet below ground some over 500 feet below . Nearly all at different ghost mines that closed years ago most are not shown on any maps either.

It seems that every autumn come a dry spell and some cold the power cuts start and continue for a couple of months
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 09:16:21 am »
Sheds - pah  >:(   The folk I was on the phone to were Waltons - no point getting on to them thanks Bloomer, I wouldn't pay them for a fence staple now.  Other one I went to checkout with before noticing at least one and potentially 2 delivery charges were Shedsdirect I think, sorry I went to so many shed sites.. this one is agent for a lot of different companies and passes on the order, charges "up to £19.99 delivery" if your order is under £300, yes up to meaning exactly, but there is also then mentioned that Winchester, the actual supplier, charges an extra £20 to deliver to Scotland and more for the Highlands & Islands if willing to do it at all..  I was looking at windowless 6x4 and the Walton one had a 8x6 for not that much more on sale with 5l wood treatment included, but add another £40 and it's no longer affordable, back to 6x4s but the cheapest seem to be BillyOh and they have so many budget ranges you can't make head nor tail, well I can't, except that some don't have any floor at all and some I'm not sure if the floor is worth paying for or if I'd be better getting Bloomer to fix runners to shift it from one patch of earth floor to another ;)

Can't even look at them again now, so many I know I've already seen several times and I just can't afford most, was just hitting the sales and hoping for a bargain, not a headache..

On the bright side, Downton Abbey is another autumn pleasure back on screen last night, adn Strictly starts on Friday - my weekend is now sorted for the next few weeks  :D   just not my shed..

Bloomer, make me a shed out of pallets and used timber and roofing materials I have here or you can think of to find cheap and I'll make you an entire crumble all to yourself - AND custard!  The original one I failed to buy so many times was set for delivery tomorrow and that's just one more irritation now :(
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

devonlad

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Nr Crediton in Devon
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 10:58:23 am »
AUTUMN- blackberries, apples, multi-coloured leaves, pickling the last of the beetroot and making chutney out of hundreds of green tomatoes that never went red, the smell of bonfires, foggy mornings, wet muddy dogs, sleepy bad tempered wasps, heating bills, Downton Abbey (a.k.a posh Emmerdale), phone calls from parents asking what we're doing for Christmas ..........................................
NO MORE sitting in long grass with a beer, the dogs and the sheep,
NO MORE wandering around the garden in my bare feet,
NO MORE barbecues,
NO MORE leaving all the doors and windows wide open,
NO MORE picking a courgette from the garden bringing it in and gently frying it in butter. yummmmmm !
NO MORE spending hours just pottering after work
roll on next summer

devonlad

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Nr Crediton in Devon
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 11:17:25 am »
one more thing
NO MORE swallows-  :'(

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2013, 11:40:14 am »
300 seals all wailing like ghosts...lol
Bet that was awesome,,,it was hot here too...I nearly took my jumper off  :innocent:

We have zillion of ancient & modern  coal mining tunnels every where round here , worse than an ant hill , some just a few feet below ground some over 500 feet below . Nearly all at different ghost mines that closed years ago most are not shown on any maps either.
It seems that every autumn come a dry spell and some cold the power cuts start and continue for a couple of months

thats really interesting.  :thinking:

theres a new sign put saying keep your dogs under close control - after a labrador got killed last year by a seal. our terrier would have been a wee snack so we never let him off the lead!  :o

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2013, 01:26:25 pm »
OK shed update - it's coming on Thursday after phone call to ShedsWorld, lovely girl called Kate has sorted it all, 8x6 Winchester windowless plus 5l free wood preservative (tho I plan to use that on the fence and creosote on the shed  :) ).  Sale price £157.99 plus £19.99 delivery - no surcharges for Fife  8) and I was being quoted that or more for a 6x4 until the last couple weeks so autumn is clearly shed sale time if anyone is looking, this was over £100 off..

Chook palace fit-out pending.. How many chooks could keep cosy in that then?  :eyelashes: Wonder if they'll be asking for their own TV to watch X Factor and some leftover crumble while they cluck-along :innocent:
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2013, 01:40:36 pm »
dont buy the budget sheds from argos unless you are happy to build your own base, as once its wet you can put your foot through it. it took me 7 hours to put it up and the wind blew it down like a pack of cards  :o :o :o  so flimsy.
 :roflanim:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS