Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Autumn  (Read 10225 times)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: Autumn
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2013, 04:16:55 pm »
OK shed update - it's coming on Thursday after phone call to ShedsWorld, lovely girl called Kate has sorted it all, 8x6 Winchester windowless plus 5l free wood preservative (tho I plan to use that on the fence and creosote on the shed  :) ).  Sale price £157.99 plus £19.99 delivery - no surcharges for Fife  8) and I was being quoted that or more for a 6x4 until the last couple weeks so autumn is clearly shed sale time if anyone is looking, this was over £100 off..

Chook palace fit-out pending.. How many chooks could keep cosy in that then?  :eyelashes: Wonder if they'll be asking for their own TV to watch X Factor and some leftover crumble while they cluck-along :innocent:

;D ;D ;D

good job i just accidentally ordered the worlds spare supply of creosote, do not buy any more I have more than enough to share!!!

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2013, 11:08:58 am »
Ellied, how is the shed? we are after ordering a shed soon but not too sure who to go to, we did look at pre loved ones but some firms erect and deliver cheaply so in the end it would be a saving...just waiting to be a bit further down the buying line but I am interested to see what you think as it sound a great price!!

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2013, 01:12:44 pm »
So far, I don't know, it never arrived yesterday tho I was within 100 yards of the house for the entire 7am-7pm potential delivery period and my phone didn't ring either  >:(   After several attempts and most recently a 20 minute on hold I have now spoken to a person who is away to phone the supplier and find out where it is..  When he said he'd call straight back I said I'd not make him wait 20 minutes to tell me but to be honest I expect someone has made more off my phone charges today than I paid for the shed  :-\ as it's an 0844 number and I was on the mobile..  ???

Things do go wrong so if and when it arrives I will be sure to let you know the quality side of the product, service so far not so good..  :(
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2013, 01:16:01 pm »
So far, I don't know, it never arrived yesterday tho I was within 100 yards of the house for the entire 7am-7pm potential delivery period and my phone didn't ring either  :(" src="http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/Smileys/default/angry.gif">
:rant: :rant: :rant:
Maybe we should forget them,  how annoying, I remember  being  behind our front door most of a morning and the delivery said I was not in, it was a huge cage that I could not collect, they did re deliver as I was so angry....good luck and hope its good after all the fuss...thanks for getting back :bouquet:

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2013, 01:46:00 pm »
Well to be fair to the guy he's called me back twice so far and refunded the £19.99 delivery charge aswell as apologised. 

It appears to be a "technical" problem between them and the supplier who apparently only got half my address and no phone number but didn't let them know there was a problem reading let alone filling the order, or that the delivery date the web and phone order specified was not available in Scotland in the first place.. :(   Tho the company themselves have both data in full and a system geared to offer the UK wide 48 hour specified day service which when you put in a Scottish postcode then changes it to a particular day the following week which you would imagine meant they'd noticed and informed you of the delay due to geography..

So their company website has to be changed as it only gives you a date or dates to choose based on you typing in your postcode, and their phone sales person had the same data when I called her to place the order, and the supplier doesn't honour it and doesn't even let the company know when there is an order they can't read enough to work out it's in Scotland let alone find an address to deliver to or a phone number to let the buyer know not to hang about for 12 hours expecting something to arrive..

Anyway, now rebooked for next Wednesday and with a note to come after 1pm so I don't have to sit from 7am-7pm again.  Wee mannie also logged a call due on the day to check it is going ahead with the supplier and to inform me or ask me or check I'm happy or something..  I just want my shed - and I want to creosote every piece before it gets put up so there's another delay to come while it dries out and gets put in place and fitted with perches and nestboxes etc..  :-\   Poor wee chookies..
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2013, 02:08:42 pm »
...and you need to get it done when the weather is good........we are in 2 minds  :thinking: , we could rent storage until we have a shed of buy and have one erected and just hope nothing goes wrong, the house we are buying is vacant and the people who are moving in here have no house to sell...so it should be OK. I bought a second hand shed and the lady I bought it off also delivered it, its a really good quality shed but, they are so hard to come buy......good luck...I love the smell of creasote

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS