Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone do home milling for flour?  (Read 3291 times)

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
Anyone do home milling for flour?
« on: September 09, 2013, 09:43:01 pm »
We had a vintage working day on the neighbouring farm yesterday and they sold freshly threshed wheat from the demo of the old threshing machine so I bought some. Ideally I'd like to mill the wheat so I can make bread - does anyone do their own milling and can recommend a home flour mill?
Thanks

Bodger

• Joined Jul 2009
Re: Anyone do home milling for flour?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 10:29:45 pm »
I got this from Ascott supplies a few years ago, they don't sell them now but it was adequate for the purpose. It was called a Goliath and it was Italian.

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 05:39:44 pm »
Thanks for that Bodger - am trawling the web for mills and it looks like I need to shell out £250-£300 for an adequate domestic mill. Maybe a christmas pressie to myself....  :fc: :excited:

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 02:37:49 pm »
i had a very similar one to the one pictured, from ascot/same make too, but i think mine was a bit bigger. it cost £200 and had different blades. we did barley for the pigs but it came out like flour. we did a fair few tonnes and it never broke down once.
dont under-estimate the amount of dust and noise it creates tho. my toddler was terrified of it  :innocent:

katie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • worcs
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 04:56:30 pm »
I've got a wooden German mill - can't remember the name. It was about£200 - I had it for my birthday as well.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS